1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm so god damn nervous, how do you guys deal with it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Man if you getting this stressed over this game I would hate to see what happens to you about real life situations.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I got old. I've been watching the Rockets for 30 years. I've seen a lot of playoff defeats and eliminations. The prospect of a loss doesn't phase me anymore.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

4. swedish-olajuwon

That was the most stressful basketball game I've ever seen. A loss would have caused such a massive hit on Harden's legacy and Harden came up with such a clutch block!

My anus has been on fire all day though due to being so stressed over the game. Now we can chill and just hope for the best, the next series all pressure will be on Lakers.

stilldr34amin', joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Honestly I played Xbox and had game 7 running on a laptop next to me. That game was one of the rougher Rockets wins of all time.

6. SORF

SORF Member

I was calm all day...as I stated in the will you watch game 7 thread, "the Rockets would not go home this week". You handle the stress of the game by approaching the playoffs one game at a time. We old-timers have seen the Rockets come back from a 1-3 series to win it. It's Rocket life...we've adjusted to the Rocket's gaming ways. Just chill and enjoy the ride.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Adorable.

...tell me more...

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. stilldr34amin'

Lol this thread is great. I appreciate OPs realness about his excretory health.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Have some tea

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Nothing to worry about.

Lakers stink and will lose. Their #1 guy tried to copyright Tacos and Tuesday. Tuesday is an underrated weekday and should not be owned by a person. Tacos are delicious and pure and should not be cultural appropriated.

The Laker team name doesn't fit, as all the lakes are actually in Minnesota. Their are no great lakes in Los Angeles, only great smog. Their organization had the bright idea of applying for Paycheck Protection Program taking away from actual small businesses who need it. True king of L.A. is Kawaii Leonard.

Karma will descend upon the Lakers.

Have a blessed day, Go Rockets.

Patience and don grahamleone like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

*weak

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Just Masturbate until you pass out or until your genitals get sore. Works everytime!

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I had just the opposite reaction. Used to have no problem watching games, regardless of the stakes. This time, with the prospect of losing a 2-0 series lead to Chris Paul on the line, the very real possibility of a first-round exit after coughing up all those picks in the trade, and after Westbrook's egg in Game 6, I just couldn't hack it. Taped the game and didn't peek until around 11:35, at which I point I discovered it was a 1-point lead with 40 seconds left. That made it even worse. I should have just come downstairs and watched the last 40, but no, I had to sit there refreshing my phone as the official time count stood at 1 second for an eternity. (At the time I didn't know why.)

Anxiety's a b****. What's that old Ramones song? I wanna be sedated.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I come in here and half the threads might as well be titled "My anus is on fire"

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Lol, I did the same thing. Checked the score on the Rockets app and nothing was moving. Thought the app was frozen! Then the time went from 1 second to more seconds. I was like, what the hell is going? It actually made me more crazy!

Will likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OkC and refs made it more nervous.

17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Having been through those epic wars with the Warriors for the past 2-3 years, this year's playoffs seems tame in comparison. Even last night facing elimination it wasn't that bad because I knew OKC had no Dame, Curry, or even Klay that could kill us at the clutch.

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

My anxiety didnt kick in until toward the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th. I was out eating and drinkng but i could't eat or drink a thing the whole 4th quarter. Then I got the alert on my apple watch that my heart rate was above 100bpm. Then we won, it went down, and we all ordered shots.

The lakers series will be MUCH less stressful for me, since if we do lose to them, its not a total failure. Lets just not get swept.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Watching OG hit that buzzer beater to win the game for Toronto...

That so could have been us if Harden wasn't able to block Dort's shot...

Makes me shiver just thinking about it!

Easy and Patience like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I used to be very excited and anxious for big games. For me, it's just time. It will fade.