1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IM SICK OF SOME ROCKETS FANS...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Feb 6, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Someone please help me understand.

The Rockets have not been healthy ALL SEASON. When one comes back, another one is hurt. There has not continuity for the entire season. Even through all of the adversity and pains, the Rockets have shown glimpses on what they will eventually become as the playoffs begin (hoping for health).

What makes me sick is that...everyone tweeting at Morey about making a major move. It seems as though so many people want us to make a move JUST TO MAKE ONE. Not taking into account salary cap, luxury tax, lack of assets, and last but not least the availability of such players on their personal wish list.

I believe the Rockets are good to go with House and everyone healthy. This group has potential to be great as they have shown time and time again.

I believe holding on to Knights expiring and our picks can serve us well in the off-season when teams like the Wizards can really settle down and think long and hard about their abysmal futures.

We dont NEED to make a move just to make one....yea its exciting stuff, but how about some deep understanding about the trade market, cap, tax, and other moves in the very near future.

With how we are constructed...as paul and harden has said time and time again, when everyone is healthy, we can beat anyone. They actually believe that, and trust me...contrary to so many....this WONT BE WASTING HARDEN'S PRIME YEAR. Not one bit....

[​IMG]

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

When everyone is healthy we can beat anyone, I agree.

But we are never healthy and Paul gets hurt every post-season, hence the urgency to make moves now so Harden doesn't tear an achilles trying to carry this untalented roster.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pay them no mind. . . . this is our year

Rocket River

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We got the team but the short rotations in the playoffs invite injuries. We have to have some team continuity to survive in the Western Conference playoffs

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're not sick of Rockets fans brother.

We're sick of fake Rockets fans

99ers 4 life

Possum, ramotadab, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

James Ennis can't be injurying Lakers players but getting 2 rebounds.

James is rockets version of Bruce Bowen. Or maybe Kendrick Perkins!? It like wow do you have him to get minutes but 1 rebound in 1st half, 1 rebound in 2nd half.

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

because this current roster even with these potential trade rumors of minor players will not and cannot beat GS and now f*cking philly in a 7 game series. harden is 29 with only a couple (if we're lucky, a few)more years he can play games at this level. as a die hard fan, F*CK YES im gonna complain my ass off till harden gets the legit help he needs. and honestly, if your a real rockets fan, you should be pissed off too having to watch harden take us every year through playoffs just to lose bc his "help" couldnt fit the bill.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope the refs dun play their part. And the 0-27 or 1-13 shootings dun happen often.

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the trouble is its a small chance we will be healthy..we werent healthy all year ( or for years if you think about it)
    so its necessary to build depth for the time when some players will necessary go down

10. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

All sports teams have good and bad fans, smart and stupid, die-hard and fair-weather, etc.

daywalker02 and bilaal14 like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fans should be like part of the team: support all the players and believe in all of them. Some of these Rockets "fans," if they were teammates, would be hating certain teammates and wanting to dump them. They would be called "divisive," and "cancer."

Team players support the guys who are on the team. Selfish "fans" fantasize about their own desires everyday.

hakeem94, BeBreezy and bilaal14 like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Yea, just sit silent and wait until Harden demands a trade or for his prime to be over. Players these days have total control over their career if they choose to act. If we're going to be like NO fans and just sit pat while management fails to add healthy help to your superstar who is already carrying night in and out, then Harden like AD will just end up demanding a trade out of here eventually.

Some injuries are random (like Hayward and PG) but others are either caused by too much workload (Rose) or they are just injury prone (CP3).

Right now we cannot rely on CP3 to be healthy every game, heck, we're already trying to rest him on b2b games because he's so damn injury prone and it's only the 2nd year of his 160mil contract!

Harden will break down eventually from all the load he is carrying and then we'll truly be ****ed. It will be T-Mac and Yao era all over again.

This isn't considering our role players can't stay healthy either. Especially EG.

I find it funny that people here actually think we have a good chance at beating the Warriors if we're all healthy. CP3 has clearly declined even when healthy and I bet none of these guys talking out of their asses even watch the Warriors when they are fully healthy. They are very dominant when all 5 of their all-nba players are healthy and starting, even more than previous years.

The truth is, if we're fully healthy, we might be the closest team to defeating the Warriors but even then, you could argue a couple other teams have caught up to us this year. As for actually beating them is a whole different story because they are on a completely different level when they are fully healthy (which they almost always are in the playoffs because their stars can take turns in the regular season resting unlike Harden).

:oops::oops::oops:

RichieBanks likes this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Just saying I have May 30th-June 15th off. Win, Washington Ave here I come. Not, I will not watch rigged NBA and enjoy no NBA for 2 weeks. I didn't watch last year's Semi-Final Cavs vs. Dubs because we were the Finals competitor.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

THEY STILL SHOULD NOT BE THIS BAD AND HAVE THIS MANY SCRUBS ON THE TEAM BE SICK ALL YA WANT.

hakeem94 and tc0330 like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i hate these threads.

0/5

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah threads about harden should ask to be traded are much better.

bilaal14 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

James Harden and Chris Paul are not getting younger. We SHOULD pressure Morey to help James Harden, because he needs help especially the way he's playing right now, Morey has to take advantage of that. The Rockets are on winning mode now, bro.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't want Morey to make a move just to make a move.

If saving money on a move by this deadline this year means that we can spend more in the future, and we project a better buyout or FA market down the road, by all means, save the money this year.

I'm more shocked that so many CF members are betting we make a splash. I can't fathom this happening this year.

Being realistic is perfectly fine -- it's not being overly pessimistic to say that we don't have enough to get to Finals this season. Happiness is a function of expectations, and I set the expectations at a reasonable peg. We have a short rotation which tends to be injury-prone, and to say that our bench is weak would be an understatement. At this point, for CP/Capela/Harden to go into go-getter mode in the playoffs and risk sustaining a 10-month injury would be the dumbest gamble, and I doubt we do such a thing.

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. lionaire

lionaire Member

We have the best player in the league right now and he requested that Morey gets him some help. It simply wouldn’t be fair to Harden for us to stand pat and for him to have to go out there lone-wolfing it night after night.