1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Um, Portland WON! You're the one that looks delusional trying to argue our team is secretly better, when they just beat us in 6 games lol. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Bottom line, Harden is not the same player in the playoffs, and may not be as good as we think. Celebrating Daryl Morey's greatness, while watching 2 first round exits in 2 years is a little overboard. We simply aren't as deep as you want to believe. Work needs to be done. YOU can act like we're a better team than Portland, but the rest of the NBA disagrees. That's why they even have BEST TO SEVEN. So fans like you won't make excuses if your team loses. Guess that didn't work:rolleyes:

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey should be focus on role players

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

2014 portland trailblazers > 2014 houston rockets

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

damn tinman, you are absolutely killing this thread dream v robinson style

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm proud that my brothers can join me on this thread to spread the truth like the dream teaches all of today's superstar how to play basketball

#145 tinman, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't Dream teach you about loving all your Bball interested neighbors, no matter what their convictions are?

And stop masquerading as a missionary spreading the word of Hakeem. People can watch for themselves.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream dominated the other teams front line forcing them to double and triple team him.

The 99ers are like dream , we can't be stopped

8. JMG524

JMG524 Member

What a douchey thread. Morey's like a school girl at the mall trying to buy up every shiny outfit he sees. I used to trust his decision making until I saw how little he really understands about building a team. He's let so many top notch players leave who've gone on to be really successful with other teams. His reputation for lack of loyalty and treating his existing players like nothing more than expendable pawns will catch up to him. Players in this league are like a fraternity and will talk amongst each other. I wouldn't be surprised if all the big name free agents continue to spurn this team.

1 person likes this.
  9. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

this is false. yeah, lowry and dragic have been successful. But Lowry had to go to get Harden, and I take Harden over klow 7 days out of 7 and twice on sundays. the dragic thing was unfortunate, but mistakes happen. but other than that, who has been as successful or more so since wearing a rockets uni in morey's tenure that he's traded or not re-signed? Landry, Wafer, Hayes, Scola, Budinger, Ariza, Martin, Dalembert, Brooks, Battier have all been worse on other squads then they were here, and for the most part were replaced by players brought in who were just as good or better.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Every team that wins is the best team.... If that's what you believe _ keep believing that. The Rockets do have more talent than Portland. That's a secret to no one but you.

I never "celebrated Morey's greatness" are even said he was a good GM... So like I said _ you're wrong AGAIN :)

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

By your logic the Denver Nuggets were a better team than the Seattle Supersonics who had the best record in the league.

Both of the Rockets and Blazers were evenly matched. The difference maker was Portlands coach out coached our coach.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I may not be a 99er but I am a 87er since that's when I started following the Rockets.

Lol Tinman you need to stop the madness sir.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Yup. Proud of this guy Moray, we won 3 champion rings since he came
    Twice to semi final

&still counting..super..stars lining to join the roc.

Whats else can we ask for...?

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Morey did build a nice team around Yao and Tracy but unfortunately injuries derailed our progress. So give the man time , he will build a good core around Harden and Howard.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

So, tinman cries like a little girl for years about T-mac not getting out of the first round, but is proud of Morey, who had not made it out of the first round in years. Sound like a troll to me.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

If we miss out on all the big names, will this off season ruin our chance at contention?

We've missed out on most players that could add depth. If bosh continues to wait, what moves will Morey have left?

Rondo will be our next move, but if we miss out on him, I don't see many upgrades left. We don't have too many trade chips, and when parsons resigns our flexibility is gone.

I believe in Murray... But I'm starting to get scared that this big game hunting might kill our few year window with Dwight/harden.

#156 CCorn, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  17. Remii

Remii Member

The core was good enough this past year to get out of the 1st round. Coaching is what is holding the Rockets back and that's on Morey. This calculator style freelance gimmick offense the Rockets run of jacking up 3's, isolating for layups, and believing midrange shots are evil is great for regular season but probably isn't going to win them a championship.

As long as Morey is trying to be the smartest man in the room and thinks he can coach through McHale like Pat Riley does with Eric Spolestra _ we may be in for a long wait.

18. battousai

battousai Member

Honestly, I have a lot of issue with the poster on how he praised our GM yet at the same time degrading our player Lin.

Regardless on how you like or dislike a player, he is still under the contract which makes him a rocket. I dont disrepect our players if you really a diehard Rockets fan as you self proclaimed, you should support the team as a whole. Or your intention is to divide the rockets up into little groups that support howard, or Harden, or Parson, and prefer them each play for themselves for stats and not as a team?

I personally dont fault a player just because he is making lots of money when comparing to yourself. Lin has value in the market and at the time of the signing he received a contract that he likes therefore he signed. Nothing wrong with that. Does he worth that much? that is your opinion, certainly our GM doesnt think so. Lin's contract was designed to be back load heavy for a reason.

You dont have to like a certain player but to come out and sugar coat it with praises to GM then attacks a player is low and certainly uncalled for.

1 person likes this.
  19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I agree but players have to buy into the system Remii. Mchale expressed several times that players out there doing their own thing on both sides of the ball. (Paraphasing of course). One explain was when Coach told them if we get the rebound, call timeout. And what did Lin do Remii lol. We also seen Harden miss his defensive assignments several times.
    Yes we could use a better coach but we could also win with Mchale if these players buy into the system at hand. It doesn't matter if Morey is employing his method. Players just need to execute the system.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If this was ANY other poster outside of a handful of veteran posters,

This thread would have been CLOSED DOWN before it got to the 10th post, for continued excessive Jeremy Lin coverage and baiting.

Its a totally misleading thread title. There isnt anything particularly enlightening. He has to hide behind the "squad" and "crew" for these needless smear campaigns.

Clutch gets something of value out of Tinman threads though - he gets to see the pulse of the posters, get a litmus test of what people are feeling and are into with the controversial issues, without him having to come across as a dick about it. Can outsource the case studies to Tinman.

1 person likes this.