1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I'm ignorant] Educate me on Silas' offensive system

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im not sure why you're bringing up Bam like I said that my opinion is based on Miami. I am not that dense. You're also telling me he can get the step on bigs like I dont know that lol. His problem isnt offense. Wood is not a center and any team that has him as a starting defender against other C's will suck.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

a real turkish delight fan would trade him + wall + 60 frp for bon salmons

@hakeem94 pls confirm

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Does no one on this board understand that we actually need interior defense or are you ignoring how bad both Kelly and Wood are at it?

fattz likes this.
  4. Denovo

Denovo Member

He can’t guard the 4 spot either. Which is why I suggested experimenting with Garuba and Tate on the floor with him to help negate the fact that he’s a liability on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Chuckwagon played 13 minutes a game as rookie, mirroring minutes with vet legend Lonnie Baxter, lol.

Luther Head was playing behind 35 year old David Wesley and only defaulted to starters minutes after another T-Mac injury because the next best option was 36 year old Jon Barry.

Oh and Steve Novak? He played a whopping 5.5 minutes a game in a grand total of 35 games his rookie season.

Dude, just stop.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

They played a little because they were just not good enough and this team was aspiring for playoff run not rebuild. Jalen Green is 2nd pick he would be playing for sure.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

You really think KPJ is playing with Harden and Russ and EG under Silas? He would get 1 minute a month

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Dude you're all over the place.
    I'm done.

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO Tate and Wood LMAO **** man we'll never win another game.

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Tate at the 3, Garuba at the 4, Wood at the 5 what’s the issue?

D-rock likes this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Spacing would be terrible. The reason why Silas started EG not Tate is because Tate can’t shoot.

CHAMPBOY, fattz and Denovo like this.
  12. Denovo

Denovo Member

That’s fair. EG works at the 3 as well. I mostly just want to see Garuba at the 4 with Wood at the 5. Assuming he continues to hit the corner 3.

I don’t want to see Theis and Wood on the floor together at all unless it’s a favorable matchup.

hakeem94 and ashleyem like this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

A Rick Adelman like offense would go along way in playing to the strength of our team. Sengun in the high post. Hard cutters, spot up shooting & movement

Our answer to some of the defense is Garuba. All he is ready and needs time. He is as gifted as Green & Sengun if not more so. Him playing in G league is an insult to him and rest of the basketball word. He started on the best non NBA team in the world last year. If our coaching staff can’t find a way to use him then we need a new coaching staff.

Wood is a change of pace offensive “X” factor. The second man off the bench. His only job should be to keep the score board moving. He reminds me of Clifford Robinson from the Trailblazers of old.

It is obvious we need time to develop but development only happens with coaching. Coach needs to step up or out.

Thank goodness Stone took away Wall in games but not in practice. Getting the best of both worlds.

We are intriguing to say the least.

hakeem94, bmelo, Ghost5Horse6 and 3 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Garuba is excellent defending post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

correct. that’s why I think Sengun and JC make more sense than Green and Theis. JC seem like an eager kid who would not mind doing the off-ball work. Green has this “soup-a-sta” thing in his head that may make it difficult. That;s why he should be coming with the second unit and cook as much as he wants, and see what he can do with the ball…

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Bam help was one thing. But Green’s screen on Tuck was not much of a success either. It’s admirable that our young soup-a-sta is willing to set-up off-ball screen, but Tuck just went through him and manage to crowd Wood anyway… It’ll be a few years at least until this kid has the strength and the body of an NBA player…

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don’t think anyone is giving up on anyone, but there is no synergy. Green can develop and improve as a 6th man, even moreso than as a starter. He’ll have the ball more. Let’s not forget that the great James Harden was a 6th man for his first three years in the league. Don’t think this impeded his development much…

D-rock likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

correct! and what is your evidence that these two players can complement each other? what’s the idea behind it? it is plain obvious that both of them need the ball. What are you saying? that if we wait long enough a “my turn-your turn” offensive scheme will become effective?
    Sarcasm is not an argument, you know.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Strongly disagree here. KP and Green fit fine as a duo. Green is having no problem getting touches he’s taking 15 shots in 27 mins per game.

Harden only came off the bench because OKC had both Russ and Durant. He had a reason to come off the bench Green does not.

Also the offense looks clunky because Silas isn’t calling plays in the preseason for whatever reason.