1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I'm ignorant] Educate me on Silas' offensive system

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Haha, well thanks. I accept!
    This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. House/Theis neither is in the corner, neither is picking for the other. Half the floor isn't even a threat, basically all 5 defenders guarding 3 and the 3...I mean I appreciate the play attempt but KPJ with no dribble, a tick late on the pass which should've been a lob anyway. Wood is simply not fast enough and he dances around like 180 lbs. Jalen Green is bringing the thunder on a pick ON PJ TUCKER lol... I appreciate his willingness but that's a lol.

Theis sucks.

Trade House.

hakeem94, j@amc, Denovo and 1 other person like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I see Silas' system whenever AL-P is at the high post. Just watch Sengun highlights for Silas' system, lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Sengun just plays like that though. No matter what he runs to the top of the key most times looking for passes thats his game. That style is nonexistent unless he's on the floor for the rockets so that has nothing to do with Silas its just Sengun being Sengun.

#183 Joe Rocket, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw, dont do that. Sengun is running Silas system. Sengun is just more patient and savvy than everyone else. Sengun is making plays to people where they are supposed to be within the system.

I think KPJ is to green at PG, he doesnt know when to run plays are take over. He is still learning to be a floor general..

just look at sengun.. HE is running the silas system this is not just Sengun doing whatever.

#184 DreamShook, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    34to11 and D-rock like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only thing I have seen Silas do that makes any sense to me is when he puts in Josh Christopher in the 4th quarter with the green light. The problem is he doesn't do it all three prior quarters too.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Dont do what? Silas literally said he doesnt have them running any plays or playing a system. Sengun did this in Summer League and they said the same thing this is just how he plays. They never ran that play with anyone else Sengun just likes the ball at the top of the key so he can facilitate it is not a Silas system thing per the dang on coaching staff.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not just JC but the entire HOUnds unit.

This unit can't shoot consistently for shyte, except for Armoni, but they can all LOCK IT DOWN on defense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Speak it into existence amirite?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you're trying to tell me the first 2 plays you see in that video is just Sengun riffing off whatever? come on man..

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Please go watch Senguns Turkey highlights he does the same thing. Its how he won MVP. I repeat even Silas and the Summer League coaching staff said they are not running any plays.

11. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Toxic hate thread alert. Predictable.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

what did they say in PREASEASON? Silas said he is trying a lot of things.

Sengun willing his teammates to do off ball actions is amazing to me. should have tried out for the xmen not the nba.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas also said he was focusing on defense and FT.

Trying and doing are 2 different things.

Joe Rocket and DreamShook like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Some of you people on this board are so thick headed. FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME.. you know what lol whatever man lol

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

thats racist. reported.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO sorry. Im sure you're thin headed most of the time just not right now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

wow move this whole thread to the d&d.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Whats funny about this is you're not even trying to bother to go look at when they said what we're said they said. You're just like "nope didnt see him say that" which of course because you didnt see it that means it didnt happen right LMAO.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Oh also lets not forget the preseason coach saying they werent giving Sengun the ball in his last preseason game at the top of the key and running the offense through him because thats not how they will use him in the NBA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This team really lacks leadership right now! Kpj really needs to take the bulls by the horns at this point. Green gets a pass because he's a rookie. But between Wood and KPJ one of those two need to step up and truly take control. If Theis is truly the most vocal leader on the floor then we have problems!

D-rock likes this.