1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm going to Alabama...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by no_answer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. no_answer

no_answer Member

So, in a couple of weeks i'm driving to Alabama. I was telling my husband's boss that we're stopping at this BBQ place we've heard about in Mississippi on the way and he was like, they're racist against hispanics in Mississippi and Alabama. Really? :confused: :(

2. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Big time.

You should detour through Arkansas and then Tennes....wait.

Go through Missouri from Okla...ew.

Travel through New Mexico, Colorado, then head over through Kansas and then Missouri then Kentuck...then up through Indiana, through Ohio then over to West Virginia...

**** it just fly

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

people are racist against hispanics (and every other race) in Texas and every other state in the union...you can't really be that naive, can you?

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't know why they'd be any better or worse than Texans. Or New Yorkers.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

that pretty much sums it up.

:cool:

6. droxford

droxford Member

I'd go to the BBQ place.

Almost always, if you smile and are friendly, people will treat you well, no matter where you go or what ethnicity you are.

7. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Be sure to pay a visit to the leprechaun

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nda_OSWeyn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nda_OSWeyn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That guy with the Leprechaun flute was outstanding.

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I live in Birmingham and I can assure you its no worse than Texas in the cities. Get into the woods and of course they don't like Hispanics....or blacks....or jews ...or asians, arabs, samoans.... you get my drift. Whats the BBQ joint your looking at?

10. no_answer

no_answer Member

Shed Barbeque
    7501 Highway 57
    Ocean Springs, MS 39565

We saw it on the Food Network. Although I don't really trust what they say about places being so good. Who's going to say the food tastes like crap if it really does?

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I will make sure no harm come to you lil' lady. When are we leaving?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

http://www.theshedbbq.com/ (not open Mondays and Tuesdays?)

I went to Oklahoma City and tried Leo's BBQ after watching that Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives show with Guy Fieri. I loved the bbq. I need to head back up there.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Really you were going to post this on here with Royals around?

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Where in Alabama? If it is close to Gulf Shores make sure to hit up Lambert's But also make sure you go hungry if you do. You get tons of food.

15. no_answer

no_answer Member

OF COURSE!!!!! They're going to be closed the day we were going to go. :mad: Good thing you noticed, because it was slightly out of the way!

We went to a place in S.A. for puff tacos. Bobby Flays did a throwdown there and the puffy tacos sucked.

16. no_answer

no_answer Member

Let's just say, i'm almost going to GA. Gulf Shores is an hour off of our route, so that's not going to work out. 10 hours is already long enough!

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm curious how these restaurants are selected. Is it the food or money? When Food Network first started, I'm sure the restaurants didn't pay them, but now? Air time on Food Network is valuable and I don't think Food Network is giving it away for free. Something to think about when you see a restaurant featured on there.

18. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I was in Birmingham last week and I'm going back next week for about a month or so...BW3s is your only option if you wanna catch a Rockets game...

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure most of the restaurants on Guy's show would be able to bribe him if that's what you're implying. Some of those places are barely holes in the ground muchless holes in the wall. People send in recommendations for restaurants to be on his show. I know he went in to some restaurant in Tarpley, Texas to eat what he thought was a great goat burger.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

gulf shores is kick ass.