1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm concerned about the 4th quarter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrieflySpeaking, Apr 11, 2007.

1. fredthered

fredthered Member

By the way, Tmac basically tells himself to stop shooting. He has had very few of those "Kobesque" 9/34 nights where he keeps forcing shots. When his jumper isnt going and he wasnt getting to the rim he ussually ends up with 10 or more assists. And 40% for one game is nothing to get worked up about, if one more goes in, he is at 44%, around his career average and above his season average. Of all the people to "blame" for this win (only in Houston), Tmac and Yao are nowhere near the top of the list.

2. demon77

demon77 Member

haha yeah :D

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Drama queens in action. I blame it on their PMS.

4. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

I guess the reductio ad absurdum argument didn't come off that well. WNBA was calling Yao a soft sack of crap for shooting a few jumpers, concluding that Yao's jumper sucks, and telling Yao to stop shooting. I applied that same logic to McGrady's performance today, found that it applies, but also found that it is ridiculous since McGrady played very well and may have saved them. Therefore, WNBA's original argument is bogus and ridiculous.

My intent was not to bash McGrady.

5. yxhbeta

yxhbeta New Member

and he says huston is likely to be able to beat dallas after defeating utah, and huston can win the wcf, and spurs has the chance, too.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

When Players get tired it is difficult to step up in the fourth Qtr. they make mistakes which they would normally not make when playing fresh.
    JVG has not developed a decent Rocket's Bench and we pay for it in many fourth Qtrs. This could be our problem in the playoff!

7. fredthered

fredthered Member

I replied to that one before I read your other post. Also, the internet is full of idiots, you cant reallly blame me for thinking I was encountering another one, can ya?

8. fredthered

fredthered Member

Tmac and Yao both played 37 minutes, hardly a massive workload (esspecially when Tmac is telling JVG he was ready for 40+ every night). People are making up problems to suit their views on JVG and it is BS.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Whoeer believes that is kinda stupid, to say the least, in my opinion.

10. fredthered

fredthered Member

Since I cant make a new thread...props to Rafer for his night, only 2 assists, but a great shooting night and 44 minutes played. If he shoots 50% from the field (or close to), we are going to be NBA champs. There, I said it.

11. yl042557

yl042557 Member

Some of you "fans" are ridiculous. You'd enjoy "rightful loss" more than "wrongful win". I remember the loss against lakers, both TMac and Yao played like CRAP, AND we lost that game, but far more ppl were cheered up because our bench "almost" came back from a 20-something point 4th quarter deficit. You know what, I'd rather my rockets win any ugly game than lose any heroic one. Think about it, how many times were you frustrated this season when we trailed all the way and everytime we seemed to be coming back our opponent held it off? Guess what, that's what blazers feeling now. Bottom line: there is no "wrongful win". Every win is right and worth celebrating. And we all owe this rockets team a big fat "thank you" for holding the No.4 position in the tough west and holding the hope for HCA the first time in almost a decade.

12. demon77

demon77 Member

yeah rafer did great.

13. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Exactly. Tmac is not to be blamed. 32 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists, still not stepped up?

14. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Tmac didn't play that game !!

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Some of these "fans" are simply only Yao worshippers or McGrady worshippers who hate each other.

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

this thread is about thinking long term and just tonights game! :rolleyes:

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

China Vs. USA :p

18. 2rings

2rings Member

If he isn't then I challenge you to tell me who is more of a star center than Yao?

19. fredthered

fredthered Member

Only in basketball would stuff like this happen, which makes me despise much of the NBA despite the fact I follow the Rockets a little to closley.

ITS A TEAM GAME!

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the bottomline. No doubt the Rockets run out of gas in the fourth. Defense takes more energy than running and gunning like the Suns. The failure to develop and utilize bench players in a timely manner is on JVG. He blames the team for these collapses and takes no responsiblity. Of course you lose focus when you are exhausted.