1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm concerned about the 4th quarter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrieflySpeaking, Apr 11, 2007.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

What a troll. It's precisely because we don't have a bench. Our starters are probably at like 50% or 60% of their peak level at the end of games due to fatigue

2. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

WTF??? How about when he scored 23 points in the 4th quarter against the Wizards? How about when he secured the win against the Lakers in OT?

What is with you YOH's? Yao is the F*CKING BEST CENTER IN THE NBA, AND YOU'D BETTER F*CKING GET USED TO IT. Shaq is old, and pretenders like Dwight Howard and Amare aren't close. Yao is not a superstar center? What the hell? So he choked a couple times, big deal. Karl Malone choked plenty of times at big moments, does this make him not a superstar or Hall of Famer? How about when McGrady choked away the Orlando-Pistons series when up 3-1?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep yep.......WERD !

DD

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Trust me, during the Spur's championship runs in 99,03, and 05 they were plagued(in the reg. season)by losing large leads as well and yet they were able to win championships. This does not concern me at this point. Do you really think in a playoff game that T-Mac would head to the bench to call it a night in the 4th :rolleyes:.

We should all be thankful that there are no significant injuries, we get the W and Utah Spazz lose!!

5. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Which is why people harped about not developing anything on the bench this year.

6. maitredebwx

maitredebwx Member

Yao should rest more in the 3rd quarter and the early 4th quarter in order to keep his stamina in the clunch time. And Tmac should play all the 4th quarter.

7. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Short bench and not that tough mentality.

8. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

i'm sorry but after he came back i believe he missed only 1 shot.is missing 1 shot not having a killer mentality when he made a 3,a lay up and 2 ft before getting hurt?i'm confused now can you explain yourself better

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Let's see, even IF its Yao and T-mac's fault that these 4th quarter collapses are happening, what would YOU do to this team to cover this weakness/remove this weakness?

well, the obvious choice would be to rely on other players on our team besides Yao and T-mac... oh wait... other players on our team = some might be our bench players!!!!

Topic over.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yao is not entitled to a few consecutive misses? :rolleyes: Blaming Yao for ANYTHING that happens to mac is ridiculous. Mac is fine, he said it himself....he is a bit shell-shocked with injuries so he tends to over react a bit. The team has 50 wins, 5th seed, HCA lead, swept the W coast road series all with Yao out 32 games.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ok I will give you yao since he shoots like 8% lower in the 4th than in the other 3 quarters but other than that wtf are you talking about?

you dismiss our lack of a bench and blame it on tracy who actually does step up???

12. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

JVG is the #1 person to be blamed for this. Every players including T-Mac and Yao in this team plus the management should take the responsibility of the 4th quarter collapse accordingly.

We've seen this repeating many time during the entire season. Everytime this problem is pointed out, JVG and the players would say blah blah blah as if they have realized the serious consequence and are willing to correct, yet on the eve of the playoffs, nothing significant has happened. All we are seeing are still same old big 3-quart lead blown in the 4th or small lead blown and later defeat by the opportent final minute comeback. If JVG dares to claim himself as the candidate of coach of the year, I say shame on him! All he knows is how to discipline the players and follow his robotic gameplan, no flexiblity. Our player are a bunch of sheep, and the sheep who have the cancer called the 4th quarter collapse.

Let me end this post with Yao's most recent quote: we will not advance deep to the playoffs. This is not because I do not have faith for this team. I'm saying this because I'm a realist. All I wish is the team can beat the Jazz in the first round. I hope dear GOD in the view of the most painful experience the Rockets fans have go through in the past few years, please at least grant this wish.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

When guys like VSpan seldom get a chance to play in late regular season games, and the starters are ground to death by having to play heavy minutes even with the risks of injuries, you know JVG sucks. The Rockets don't have a deep and consistent bench under JVG and that could spell trouble for them in the playoffs.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

what a terrible game. Yao, please never ever try your jumpers in the 4th. :mad: When will you realize your jumpers suck?

If Rockets forced to feed Yao the ball like today, they will lose to Utah quickly.

15. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Oh yeah, Utah is really showing their killer mentality right now. Where has it got them the past 5 games? They are the ones that are shaking in their pants. Right now I am not worried. Tmac has always taken his game to another level in the playoffs. He just needs everyone else to follow.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yeah, if we had the Juwan and Mutumbo of midseason, then I would be OK with our bench. But the only reason Juwan and Mutumbo played like beasts was because Yao was out and got starters' minutes. They simply aren't effective without starter's minutes, and are thus relatively useless as bench players as well.

17. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

yao does his share to get the team wins,he may be a little tired at the end but he will be ready to step up in the playoff ,i believe in him.i believe in this team

18. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

McGrady's jumper sucked even more. He shot 10/25 today, 40%, that's not very good, and that included a bunch of layups. Does this mean McGrady should stop shooting? When will McGrady realize that his jumpers suck?

Sometimes you YOH's should stop and listen to the sh*t that comes out of your mouth. Ridiculous.

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

ok yeah maybe your right but man we need to do something about this, or maybe its too late, unless fat bonzi out of no where decides to play again

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Yeah we really need to play Bonzi more.

;)