1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll Take ZRB's Role...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Mar 23, 2001.

1. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Only 13 games left. I've got no room in my heart for anything but hope.

Call it suspension of disbelief or blind homerism.

I only get to see my boys play 13 times before the long cold offseason. I BELIEVE.

I'll say we're gonna make the playoffs til we're mathematically eliminated. Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I BELIEVE!

I wanna watch these last 13 games with playoff hopes. I'll never give up. I BELIEVE.

I love The Cat, Heath2000, Puedlfor and any other rabid homers I missed.

2. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Oh yeah, and I always dug RM95 in Hangout, but he sucks in this thread.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Then they would. But they haven't won yet, and therefore they aren't the better team just yet.

I'm just comparing the idea that 3 out of 4 games makes one team better than another. Playoffs or not, this is not a true assumption at all.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why, because I'm simply stating my opinion on a loss that should've been a win, especially after the debacle on Tuesday>

C'mon!

[​IMG]

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Let me guess The Cat: if this were a 5-game playoff series you'd still believe the Rockets would somehow come back and prove they were the better team.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

woops...that would be my bad grammer that confused you. you're right, you never mentioned the championship years.

my point is that a team that is capable of achieving a championship is built on many seasons like this one, where there is overall progress, but not the 'big prize'. i don't look at wins and losses without that kind of analysis; i find it shortsighted to just look at wins and losses per se. that's my reality.

hey, we're knocking on the door to the playoffs this year, next year, we'll kick the son-of-a...on second thought, i'll just say i am enjoying watching this team grow up.

------------------

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Very funny. [​IMG] You cannot determine who is a better team from 4 regular season games... period.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

8. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Let me guess The Cat: if this were a 5-game playoff series you'd still believe the Rockets would somehow come back and prove they were the better team.

I BELIEVE! Can we make it 4 out of 7?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Joe who?

------------------

10. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

It's The Cat vs. The BBS...lolz. I come to the rescue! Here I'll help hold the fort.

Don't give up yet guys, think POSITIVE. We are in a win-win situation. Either we get a quality pick in the lotto in one of the deepest pools in history, or we get to showcase ourselves in the playoffs to webber. Look at the glass half full rather half empty.

------------------

Draftsource.net

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited March 23, 2001).]

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Oh, forget it. Cat, I'm going to agree with you. I expect the Rockets to come in and pound the inferior Sonics. This 2 game losing streak will be the catalyst that leads the Rockets on an 11-2 stretch, clinching the playoffs. They can do it. I believe in them. They've learned their lesson this time. They know what they have to do, and they are going on a winning streak. There's no way that the longest streak this season will be four games. They're going to win at least 8 in a row, most over title contenders.
    I'm not being sarcastic. I have to be optimistic if I'm going to enjoy the rest of this season.
    Despite having my negativity backed by about 40 posters, this time, I can't resist your argument. They'll make it. They have to.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

12. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

is that reality? or is the fact that we lost to the clippers, therefore we suck reality? or is it both? or neither? i am but a silly non-thinking fan and i need reality police to keep hammering that we lost to the clippers to remind me that we suck...with steve francis, no less.

------------------

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Put your moniker where your mouth is, then.

bet me!

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Joe Mamma.

------------------

15. heypartner

wait for it...wait for it...

number 80...well done jammie

16. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

The Clippers DO NOT suck any more. I am not ashamed of losing the Clippers becuase they are a different and better team this year. They are a quality ball club that could beat any team on a given night.

------------------
    March Madness Coverage!

Draftsource.net

17. heypartner

RM95,

Take some toejammie joe momma.

<font size="1">Clutch, is that too vulgar?</font>

18. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

damn...is it my grammer or my sarcasm that is throwing people off tonight? i was agreeing with you, rocketsfan34.

------------------

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well good that clears it up. Up to now facts weren't working, but when you put that emphasis on the period it just became so set in stone.

Several times you have used a single win over the Spurs, Lakers and Sixers to back up your arguments.

I wonder what you'd be saying if we beat them three times. And could Clippers fans say the same thing about us now?

Yes, they could. Period.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK

<font size="1">Clippers rock!

------------------