1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll Take ZRB's Role...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Mar 23, 2001.

1. wink3

wink3 Member

Oh well, last time we lost to these guys we went on a major run, lets hope history repeats.

------------------
    Don't look at the feet

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

heyp: I'm thinking of a long Small Forward 6'9" and plays great interior d. Heck, perhaps he'd be able to win us a game against the Clips even w/ Odom playing.

What do you think? Should we draft him or bring in a 3rd pg after Moochie bolts and Colson signs on? [​IMG]

------------------
    (===)

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Hope they lose? No way. I hope to god they win. I'm going to go in negative, and HOPEfully leave positive. I'm setting my expectations low, and I hope to be surprised. I EXPECT, to have my expectations met.
    * Now, I better stop posting before I end up with 25 again!
    ------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited March 23, 2001).]

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I seriously doubt he hopes the Rockets lose.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow... well apparently you don't know a lot of things if you're comparing the regular season to a 7-game playoff series.

Should NBA teams not advance when they win 5-game series? Or would just 3 wins not tell the story? Hey, there are exceptions to every rule, but why have only 5 or 6 NBA teams in the entire history of the NBA -- years upon years of series -- come back from a 3-1 deficit? Perhaps because a 3-1 lead is a damn good indication of the better team.

Because The Cat, anything can happen in a 7-game series, especially with closely matched teams like the 95 Rockets and Suns... but one thing is for sure:

If this were a 7-game series, the 24-45 LA Clippers would be up 3-1 over the Rockets and holding homecourt advantage.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I never thought i would see the day that the Clipps would OWN the Rockets

(===)
    R.I.P.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What a horrible attempt at flaming someone...

Try again... Maybe you will hurt "tweak's" feelings...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

But if the Rockets don't lose, how will y'all write a scathing comdemnation of them using the adjectives "pansy", "sissie" and the perennial all-star, "heartless wonders"?

------------------
    I'm just a communist whose come to blow sunshine up your ass.

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I would wonder how the Sonics lost to us... [​IMG]

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, cause everyone here's just dying to write that stuff.

[​IMG]

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

To hate someone for refusing to accept reality, you would have to in your mind have an idea of what that reality is. And since what you think as reality is obviously different than what I think of it as, then yes you would personally be judging what reality is. And so am I. But I'm not saying I hate posters for refusing to accept what I view as the reality. So no, I'm not making assumptions. And I said Phoenix should lose to Philadelphia, which they should. I didn't say that they would... so I didn't assume there either.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

12. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Fair enough...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Who said I was flaming him?

I just finally understood the schism between what I believe, and what Tweak believes.

------------------
    I'm just a communist whose come to blow sunshine up your ass.

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

14. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

One thing that really bothered me about this game, was the fact that the Rockets did not run a set play until the 8:30 mark in the first quarter.

I could understand if they were getting easy shots off the break or something, but they were just content on jacking it up from the outside in the beginning.

------------------
    I hate role players

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Why call him tweak? I believe his handle here is ZRB...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

16. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Its tough Pueldfor, it really is. But, to be a professional troll, you have to be creative. You've gotta dig deep down inside to complete your task. Man, I am so relieved they lost though. No heavy thinking necessary today. Losses like this make it simple to bash. I can't wait to see another game up close. I will get a new perspective, and find new ways to bash!

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

17. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!

Optimists, realists and pessimists:

The Rockets lost... to the Clippers for the third time. The only time the Rockets beat them was when Odom was on the bench b/c of Mary Jane infractions.

The Clippers own the Rockets.

Sometimes one style of ball doesn't go well against another style. Houston has Dallas's number, usually, and Dallas has a "higher talent level".

Regardless, rest assured that the Clippers own the Rockets. A nice forward or Center might offset good games by Odom and Miles, but when I read "block" a million times I wonder if guard play will beat LAC.

------------------
    (===)

18. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

ZRB-sad thing is, he will think you are for real too...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Guys, please don't turn this into a thread about me. I am not offended, and I know that this "flaming" isn't serious.

------------------

20. kbm

kbm Member

BELIEVE!!! I remember a rockets/suns series where I stop believing. And then BANG! THE KISS OF DEATH. The rockets will always have a HEART OF A CHAMPION!!!

------------------
    I am an invisible man.