1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all want to see Lin play.
    His limited playoff appearance(1 healthy game) was disappointing.

Last year was to see how good these guys are, this year with Howard, it's about something higher.

It's not about Lin fans anticipating a Linsanity streak part deux,
    this time it's about a championship.

It's like Rambo I vs Rambo II. Stakes is higher now.

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Understand. Some Lin fans feel that it's better for Lin to be a solid 3rd or 4th player in a Championship team, rather than have a better individual stats in a losing team. However, even with Howard, my attitude is "show me before I believe you", because what he showed with Lakers was not all that impressive or awe inspiring.

3. kcd

kcd Member

You also have people being called LOF just because they defend Lin, so that doesn't help the discussion either. It just happened right in the thread to a long-time member, just because he didn't agree with you.

4. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

This every reasonable person can agree, that Lin need to prove himself in the playoffs.

But a reasonable person also can agree that Lin is still pretty young for a PG and can improve quite a bit in the next few years. And give him benefit of doubt and chance to prove himself.

While an unreasonable person would deny him chance to prove himself at this point in his career.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Whoa! I check in after being away from the interwebz for a while and it's like all the Lin threads are merged into one! What'd I miss?

If this is the Howard effect (Reggie Williams effect?) this is going to be epic! Clutchfans is back!

6. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

hypothetical questions. the fans don't bother me much, because frankly all fans think they can be a coach/gm/baller whatever.

inconsistency doesn't bother me, because it's better than consistently bad.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

IT was more due to Hrden scoring 37 and 45 in the 1st two games. Lin was good 2 though.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I wouldn't blame lin in this situation. he just is not a good fit right now unless he plays as a super sub.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you have idiots calling people things all over on this board. What's your point?

No one has ever called me a LOF, and I defended him a lot. So...I don't get where your sensitivity is coming from.

The general consensus amongst normal Rocket fans is that there's a group of diehard Lin fans who see everything through Lin-colored glasses. And there's a lot of truth to that.

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

He did not stepped up, he stepped on someone's landing spot. :grin: :grin: