1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Probably he means consistently bad :rolleyes:

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

again, this is not like getting a new job offer and going back to your old job for a raise.

yes, you negotiate but need to do in good faith. and yes, as a free agent they do leverage offers but it's different when it comes to a restricted free agent.

anyway, enough about this already... your point is that he cares first and foremost about money and i'm saying that's not true. look at it from a correct narrative of how things work and how they went down and decide for yourself.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in the camp that saw what happened last season.
    camp reality.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, what I'm saying is all players are lured by money. At least until they've made a lot of it.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Come on man.

Rafer more consistent? I suppose if you mean he just pretty consistently bad.

He shot under 40% from the field ever year here except 1. He was more consistent at smoothly running the offense I guess, but he was never a consistent offensive player. He'd get hot from 3 at times and then be horrible.

6. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Mod being too vocal is never a good thing, doesn't matter you are right or wrong.

It is like being an umpire and a player in the game at the same time.

7. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Me too. I saw Lin start 82 games in the regular season, and the so called better players of TD, Machado, and PB failed to overtake his spot.

How's that for reality?

8. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Both team at the time don't have a chance at Championship. Asking for as much money as possible is nothing wrong in that situation, and players do it in ever trade.

Double standard much?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

i don't what reality you live in but Tony Douglas and Scott Machado are scrubs.

i live in that reality where Patrick Beverly stepped up large against OKC.

10. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

That was last year. Just like Linsanity was two years ago. Live by your own words and live in the present.

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Some people see it, some people don't. No one knows for sure.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Consistency has no inherent goodness or badness, it is about being consistent.

and yes, Rafer was consistently not good, and the only reason I even threw that in was because the one thing that does irritate me about Lin is that he wasnt consistent at all last season.
    You cant tell if he is gonna be good or not so good from one game to the next. At least you knew Rafer was gonna be who he was and you could scheme around his weaknesses with other player's strengths.

I could have phrased that much better, I should have known it was gonna spark some outrage.....but I was in a hurry when I wrote it and just let it flow from the fingers....one of the reasons I dont post much from work, I cant put in the time to make sure my posts say what I want them to.:(

13. tinman

Supporting Member

ok, we'll play that game.

right now, Dwight Howard has joined the Rockets and Jeremy Lin's camp has been silent unlike Chandler Parsons and James Harden.
    Lin was not part of the Rockets delegation to recruit Howard.
    The Rockets drafted a PG.

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

I stopped reading after that post. Clearly the post of the thread. :grin:

15. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Yup. Nothing you said is untrue. Lin is a moveable asset, assuming another team would want him. But that's a big assumption considering how awful you think he is. So, it looks like we're stuck with him because Morey isn't going to get rid of him for nothing as long as he can still produce, even if his production isn't worth $8.3M per year.

Now what? Dump him for nothing or hope he improves because Morey offered him a stupid contract?

16. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Look, if Rafer had a significant portion of forum CF posters that defend him, there would have been similar flame war.

And Rafer didn't, so I guess that was okay everybody trashed him? Didn't make it right then, doesn't make it right now, regarding Lin.

I don't like every Rocket player's game, you don't see me go out of my way to trash any of them. Even for TMac, I was disappointed at him like everybody else, but I never b**** about his tenure as a Rocket at every chance like some CF posters. Haters do exist.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

are those your questions for me?

what makes you say I think he's awful? because I don't put him on a pedestal like the LOFs?

He has to earn respect. Right now, he's inconsistent, and the toward the end of the season going into the playoffs, i'd say he wasn't great .

The difference here between Rafer and Lin, is you don't have a thousand former Knicks fans yapping that a bad game is a good game and Kevin McHale is bad coach.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

There were members who defended him, but yes the majority wanted him gone.

No argument there, if you look at my history you would see I dont waste my time trashing players, no matter how bad they are...I would rather talk about the game.

Also, dont play this like this is a phenomenon limited to Clutchfans....matter of fact you see far more hateful things said on other sports forums....it is the nature of a lot of online sports fans.

One of the things that doesnt help all this crap.....not every person that is critical of a player is a "hater". I've seen long term members who have a history of good, unbiased forum posting get smashed as a "hater" just for posting about subpar play from Lin. Its one thing when a poster doesnt post anything BUT hate for a player, but bringing up valid criticisms does NOT always equal "hater".

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I like Lin (actually his fan), but the truth is that we never got an opportunity to see Lin play during pressure filled playoff games due to his injuries, except for one game against OKC where he, along with all his teammates, basically sucked. Even though I am his fan, my attitude is: "show me before I believe you." In this aspect, Lin is an unproven player during the grueling playoff games. Right or wrong, players who perform solidly during the regular season but poorly during playoff games -- not saying Lin is such a player -- do not impress me, because I feel that the playoff games are much tougher than regular games, and in fact, many NBA teams or players do not play 100% during regular games.

20. hltiki

hltiki Member

But did he REALLY step up? I mean, yea, he stepped up higher than an injured lin, but perhaps he was negated by another back up pg, Jackson... Not saying he didn't play above expectations, just saying RJ outplayed him.