1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. rokit

rokit Member

40% from 3pt, and 56 Ts% in the second half of the season, get your stat game up bruh and stop hating

2. MonKing

MonKing Member

When the moderator baits the community (instead of bating the controversy) there is no hope of CF lessening the preponderance of LOF/LOH pissing contests.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. there's no such thing as a LOH, it's term made up by newbs who can't argue basketball
    2. are there people who dislike Lin? sure. But I doubt they decided to join the board just to voice their displeasure.
    3. you didn't even read the post. Rockets2K (real Rockets fan certified) said it was insulting to compare Lin to Hakeem in the realm of Rockets fans. the non Rockets fan TJ vs TR vs Skrillex said that there would be a bunch of Hakeem haters. That's not possible when he is the greatest Rocket of all time, that a board created for Rockets fans would voice that opinion.

4. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Bait post if I’ve ever seen one… from a mod no less.

Lin gets criticized for a lot of things, but “Under Performed” is you opinion based on YOUR expectation… don’t put that on the rest of us logical “people” who can see: he was coming back from an injury and had to adjust to a role he was not familiar with, but still made progress as the season went on.

Perhaps with your high-and-mighty attitude, maybe you can tell us your “expectation” on the next PG that comes along, give us actual numbers… then we can see if you really do have reasonable expectation or your just blowing smoke up everyone’s ass like the rest of the LOH/ABJ.

#404 SaFe, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets2K,

I suggest you do this to them
    [​IMG]

6. jason330i

jason330i Member

doesn't it take two to tango?

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The funny thing is most of the conversations regarding Lin would be civil and intelligent if all the delusional LOFs were banned.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Maybe the moderation team is tired of dealing with LOFs much like the rest of us.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

1. Maybe true, but seems there are people making new accounts just to hate on Lin, equally annoying.

10. SeabrookMiglla

ive been an advocate for lin since he first played for the rockets during pre season- before going to NYC/linsanity, and i will continue to stick by him. he showed steady progression throughout last season, but my main concern is that he doesnt let the lights get to his head. i think actually getting injured may have been a blessing in disguise, sometimes players need a loss to make them work harder. hopefully he comes back 100% next season and balls!

1 person likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great players can't be held down - they exceed at whatever role that are asked of them. They find ways to take something limiting and still excel at it.

Hakeem did everything well - block, rebound, steal, outside, inside, pass. He did it all. That is why he is the greatest Rocket ever.

Lin can only be great if you "let him play his game".

Sorry charlie, basketball is a team sport, you have to play within the system. If you are one or two dimensional, you are a role player. To be great, you have to impact the game just by being on the court no matter what your role is.

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I love Lin and hope he stays a rocket, but his die hard fans are unbearable and have made this site a lot more frustrating to read. Sadly I think this will be a better place if we trade Lin, just to get rid of all the LOFs.

1 person likes this.
  13. lfw

lfw Rookie

And lot of bunched up panties in this thread. Lol. Relax guys. No need to be upset.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bruh, selective statistics mean nothing to me.

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The LOF scourge must be exorcised.

The power of Clutch compels you.

1 person likes this.
  16. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Probably one of the worst threads created in recent weeks.

17. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

then what stats would have meaning? i mean...choosing the second half of the season, first half of the season, or whole season are all "selective"

18. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

I think there is some heady bias here. I think after a year its time to differentiate between certain fans whom like lin and spoken negatively about McHale in the past.

Not all Lin fans refer to McHale in a derogatory fashion. Neither do all old or new Rocket fans refer to McHale in a complimentary fashion.

Until people stop blanket and associating 1 thing with another. Your going to have heads butt.

19. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Do you even lift?

[​IMG]

Rudy Gay and other players in the NBA have had this injury and typically had to be out for a week before even playing a game. More severe cases can be 1-2+ weeks and so on.

He didn't quit, he tried to play and we all saw how much pain he was in.

Anyone thats played sports competitively or lifts in the gym understands how injury can hamper performance and respects the need to address the injury instead of aggravate it. He wasn't going to be able to perform a damn after that injury until he had a solid week or two to let it heal and loosen it back up.

20. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I used to think that until I saw it in action. What do you call someone celebrating the Rockets losing points as long as it makes Lin look bad and to "stick it" to Rocket fans who like Lin?

There was a game where Lin took a shot at the arc just as the buzzer expired near half-time. The refs, announcers and fans were waffling back and forth with the scoreboard and statlines fluctuating. Everyone was hanging scrutinizing various camera angels and following the ref's debates during half time. First it was ruled a 3, then waived off, then ruled a 2, then waived off, etc. The video they showed wasn't very conclusive because the ball was in the foreground so you couldn't really see if there was separation with his fingers at that 1/10th of a second difference. The refs used that ambiguous snapshot anyway. And the Rockets had the points taken off the board.

There there was some idiot on the game thread going "Haha, LOHs!" (nearly his exact words, too). Yes, there was actually someone celebrating the Rockets losing points off the scoreboard, just because they don't like Lin and detest Rocket fans who like him. So yes, LOHs are not a myth. They put their hatred of Lin and Lin fans above their love for the team and what's best for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.