1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

While I do think people hate LOFs a lot, I also think that hate has rubbed off onto Lin. That and the media hype. Otherwise, I see very little reason why there is so much disproportionate, non-sensical hate.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Why don't you just google "Jeremy Lin overrated" to get an idea of why people think he is overrated? Or read basically any older thread on this site? I personally don't really care to debate the subject, besides pointing out that he quit in the playoffs due to "chest bruising."

3. pwnyxpress

Wow, do you actually think that? Please, he clearly couldn't play, or else he would. If anything, I blame him for the minutes he put into the game AFTER the injury because he was hurting the team more than helping it. Glad he eventually sat out to heal the injury and let Bev take over those minutes. Worked out better. Regardless of how people feel about Bev vs. Lin, I'm sure we all agree that INJURED Lin < Bev all day, 'err day.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Lin quit. Ooooooooooohkay then.

5. keez857

keez857 Member

By questioning Lin, you are questioning Morey. By questioning Morey, you are committing blasphemy. For committing blasphemy you will be sentenced to Rocket hell. In Rocket hell you will be forced to read Royce White tweets all day with commentary from Clyde.

1 person likes this.
  6. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

And do you by any chance personify his fans as probably being mainly asians?

7. bobloblaw

Have you ever heard of a player being inactive due to a bruised chest muscle?

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Two words:

Lin fans.

I think the delusional Lin fans referring to our coach as McFail and hating on Harden at every opportunity have made it easy for fans to resent Lin.

I don't hate Lin though. He's a good kid. He's smart. He has a great work ethic. I wish him the absolute best and hope he can prove himself as the long term solution at the point guard.

But, so far, he hasn't been the best fit next to Harden. So I'm not optimistic that that will be the case.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Alrighty then bro. You can keep telling yourself that he quit.

By the way, I loathe Jeremy Lin's "fans," so don't even attempt to label me.

11. pwnyxpress

This fails on so many levels. You're like a closet LOH.

12. bobloblaw

Yeah because those who don't like Motiejunas have beef with Lithuanians.

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Morey offered Dragic the same contract and he turned it down. So Lin wasn't Morey's first choice. Lin has a better contract than guys like Jarrett Jack and K-Mart but up to this year only had a couple of months of NBA playing time. So yes Lin is overpaid and so is Dragic.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Jesus Christ, I hate Lin's fans.

I can't wait till he is traded.

15. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Duh?

Saying that the majority of true LOFs are Asian is flatly accurate and obviously so.

16. pwnyxpress

I agree that Lin is overpaid by a couple of million. He's a $5M PG in my mind lol. Dragic is worth about $8M I think though. He's running a pretty crappy Suns team, and was doing pretty well in the end of the season there.

17. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

The thread that end all Lin arguments

Fact; Morey is smarter than all of us.
    Fact; Morey saw enough to offer Lin a multi years contract last off season.

If you think Lin is overpaid and an sub par pg, than you think you are smarter than Morey, in turn, you are dead wrong.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

stupid thread is stupid.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

Stupid thread is stupid, but the premise is dead on.

I no smarter den more-e

20. pwnyxpress

Really? lol really? There are a host of reasons why Morey would offer Lin that contract at the time, not all of them basketball reasons. And doing something at x period of time is not the same as being infallible. Morey has certainly made mistakes.

What I love about Morey isn't his ability to never make mistakes (everyone does), it is his ability to do low risk moves that can end up paying big dividends (see: our current team), and knowing when he's made a mistake and milking value out of it. He doesn't mess up and leave us w/ the mess for 5 yrs.