1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ilhan Omar tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 18, 2019.

1. DonatelloLimestone

[​IMG] [​IMG]

cmon bro, iwth your experience you can at least not make your bias so easy to dispel how onesided it is, Les must've stole this dudes girl or something bc Les panders to china=BAD...and hes right...Tilman padners to china= Les is bad? what? lol

2. DonatelloLimestone

he was a cheapass, but back when he bought in the nba Michael F'n Jordan was paid 2 million....you could get away with the budgets then....
    he also lost a lot of fate when he f'd up with hakeem even though he rebuilt the relationship and got him his statute and courtside seat, still that one was unforgivable for me.

The nba eocnmics was different, now the cap floor is more expensive then the luxury tax when les was there...and now the new valuataions and owners are big wigs putting loads of money to raise the bar inthe nba, so tilman came in talking like that and is the most overleveraged owner so thats why les could get away more with how cheap he was, but he DID pay the tax once...Tilman didn't even with a no 1 seed. He didn't publicly Lie about things like tilman to the fanb ase, leak **** about his own coaches and players and get caught lying...all the junk that tilman is just showing he couldn't find class if it hit him in the face.

We could've done better than both. heres anarticle on Les's philosophy with Daryl to find the best bang for buck. And how tilman took that to the next level and made it find the best bang for the absolutely nba mandated minimum. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/10/16/21519593/daryl-morey-houston-rockets-luxury-tax-resign

3. Gioan Baotixita

OOPS, 99.9901 DNA match that she married her biological brother. The real crime is that she got caught smoking a cigarette. What would the Talibans do to her if they catch her smoking?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Still within the statute of limitations on immigration fraud but that is none of my business.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was a season ticket holder for 8 years under Les and 3 under Tilman, and I can tell you the treatment I received both in service and value from one to the other was wildly different.

tinman likes this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

I 100 agree with you, tilman is still using the same cups

more so he raised price on us while cheaping out on the team. the quality of staff mandate wasn't great. As I've said, I think tilman turned out to be a massive downgrade and its a shame, hes more reich, talks a bigger game, and he could've been the hometown hero...he still could if he changed like sarver...but no doubt he was more talk, overselling, under delivering. i just also see les's flaws and i never thought i'd prefer him, butreally i'd just get a competnetn owner...I don't care who it is, who doesn't boldly lie to his fanbase, mislead, cheap out during contention...and then they can do whatever the f they want

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Less is cheap too, but we all know that after 2017-2018, Les would have sanctioned added spending. He was not willing to pay the luxury tax, but he stuck to his word in that he would do it if we felt close. He ponied up when Morey told him the team is ready.

This is a departure from Tilman, whose condition seems to me: show me a team that's practically guaranteed to win the title and I'll pay up. No. His approach in the summer of 2017-2018 was to try to replace some of the parts with cheaper parts. What a cheap mindset, typical of a fast food chain manager. Tilman's the kind of guy you want working in the Internal Audit department you know what I mean. You don't want him overseeing a stats genius, an offensive coaching genius and an offensive genius on the court.

He doesn't have the mind for this thing, which is why I'm pulling for us to build through the draft, which gives a lot more control to Stone and in an area Stone seems to excel. If Tilman and Patrick are making team decisions at the dinner table, it's going to be hard to get trade approvals when you need them and to push back stupid ideas all the time.

Is it any surprise now that KD never considered joining us and only joined two organizations who have the chequebook open if it's for a title? What about Lebron that summer we could have added him and maybe even kept Dwight - is it any wonder why that tier doesn't treat us like a top 5 market?

Because we don't spend like a top 5 market, we spend like all the small market teams, and the organization has really sucked at marketing/sales to not be able to have a consistently energized fan base at the games in such a massive city, regardless of the other sports.

King1 likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He only paid the tax because he felt in his bones he wanted to sell the team soon.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So Ilhan Omar...

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think everyone can agree she's absolutely worthless. She literally hates our country

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't be such a drama queen, she doesn't hate AMERICA because obviously she doesn't hate AMERICANS who are part of this nebulous thing called a country. When you say someone hates a country you imply they hate every person, every Apple pie and baseball game, etc. It's just a sensationalized idea of what a country is and the symbolism was invented to influence you.

Really she just hates most of your oligarchs, all her criticisms are branched from that one thought.

She certainly hates the policies, it's her job to make an assessment of them.

Not my favorite politician but she's only big because people hate her imo. She stands for some good things, some civil liberties. So stop hating her and someone better will have a chance at the spotlight.

#692 Mathloom, Aug 21, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

She hates America? That's news to me.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Link to the 'hates our country' part?

16. King1

This well said. I personally can't stand her but you do raise some valid points. To be fair it's not only her I dislike but all the members of "the squad". I dislike Cori Bush the most of the group. Hopefully they are all replaced eventually

17. King1

It's obviously my opinion

18. King1

You want a link to my opinion?

19. fchowd0311

Oh. I thought it was your *******'s opinion. Sorry for the confusion.

Now you clarified it's coming from your noggin, how did your noggin come to that opinion?

20. King1

Yawn