1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] What I’m hearing about Rockets at NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 22, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn't even say anything about Jalen Green here. I don't know why you think I did. Did i even write the word Green in my post??

Why not just answer the question?

cbass, platypus and dmoneybangbang like this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If I’m Cavs GM and I want Mobley, I’ll just stand pat. Why would I add assets to trade up one slot if I know 90% Rox will pick Green?

BallSoHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd know that was accurate if you actually watched basketball rather than just going off highlights and hype.

Also, that's not so much praise of KPJ as it is a statement about how pathetic the kind of players who are in the G league typically are.

KPJ wasn't ready to start in the NBA at the time, but he dominated the G league as by far the best player in that league.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

No, that's just your bias observation. But please...... tell me criteria for "not being able to hold someone's shoes"..... What's Kuminga then...... "should just kill himself"?

If the G League players are pathetic, then what does that say about your average NCAA player who will never play professional basketball? What's so special about Mobley dominating objectively weaker competition, with a top 5 easiest schedule?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan came into the league averaging 28 points a game after averaging 20 a game for the last 2 years in college, Green was a mediocre scorer in the G league, there simply is no comparison between the two.

On top of that, it's not the same league it was back then, and neither MJ or Kobe were defensive liabilities till they got old.

Like I said, at least delusional Lin fans weren't claiming Lin was the next MJ.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kuminga is a poor man's Kenneth Faried, what he does is irrelevant to me.

Your average NCAA players at the kinds who end up in the G league. Anyone better than that ends up in the NBA or superior overseas leagues.

I know you are sad that you can't intelligently defend the object of your affection, but don't lash out kiddo.

7. dmoneybangbang

Sorry boy, your average NCAA player doesn't end up playing professionally after college. So then NCAA competition is weaker than the G league.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are we even nearly sure Silas is a good coach for developing young players?

BallSoHarden and Bobbythegreat like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah at the time he wasn’t at all. Within a few months though he has a 50 point 10 assist game being the youngest player in nba history doing it against the eventual nba champions. That sounds ridiculous fyi

see what happens when you are that adamant about what your opinion is? Notice the word opinion. You argue so much with so much certainty that you argue yourself into circles. I know it’s a game to you and you seemingly get off on trying to portray your opinion(there’s that word again) as the absolute truth.

years ago you portray yourself as some type of political savant and mastermind. Now you are telling people’s opinions are wrong and have been determined from watching a highlight video. But you apparently are a part time professional scout and the Rockets or Cavs would be certifiable morons for picking him over Mobley and/or Suggs. Perhaps they only watch a YouTube highlight vid as well. Well never know.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Only a moron would compare Green and Lou Williams. They are not at all in the same level as prospects. There’s a reason Lou went in the 2nd round and Jalen is clear cut top 3 in a loaded draft.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm just excited for the new show on Netflix: Bones Hyland and the Universe of Danger

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wtf? Are you incapable of reading??

PASSING!! I asked about Jordan's passing coming into the league.

But if you want to talk about how same age MJ averaged 13.5 ppg in college.. go for it i guess.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's certainly the hype, and we've seen that kind of hype fall flat on its face before. It's just a matter of time till the same happens here.

Hyping up a raw athletic traditional SG who can only score....who only managed to put up mediocre numbers in the G league is a recipe for disaster. Green is like a poor man's Andrew Wiggins.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If the Cavs were to offer us Jarrett Allen, 2021 #3 pick, and a protected (preferably just top 3) first round pick for 2022 would you take the move down to #3?

I have to believe that the Rockets would consider taking a young-budding big to pair with Wood and their choice of Suggs or Mobley (most likely Suggs if they already have Allen in the fold) to develop as well. It's never a bad thing to have extreme length/athleticism on the court at all times (Wood, Mobley/Suggs, Allen, KPJ, Tate, etc.).

I really like Green over anyone that will be available at #2, but looking towards the future on top of getting high grade talent within this draft should be the ultimate focus for our front office.

giddyup and BamBam like this.
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think your response is very fair. While I'm inclined to side with you, comparing the poster's opinion to a moron's opinion is a bit much for simply posting an opinion on an unknown NBA player. Nobody knows how Green's game will translate. Also, implying Lou's value is still 2nd rounder was a creative way to skew your opinion in your argument's direction. Lou is one of the most consistent 6th man candidates year after a year, if his draft was redrafted today, he likely would be a lottery pick. Only a few players from that draft are still in the NBA, which is very telling about Lou's career.

Sometimes, top 3 picks don't pan out, most recently Markelle Fultz. He was a more can't miss prospect than Green and look at him today, he would kill to be respected like Lou.

#55 withmustard, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Moe, bigreg, BigggReddd and 4 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That really is not classic definition of versatile guard.

But Green is explosive offensively for sure. 3 level scorer.

I dont think that was a direct quote anyway, but one of Iko's musings.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I see a pattern here.

Bobbythegreat is a poor man's jopat.

#57 ROXTXIA, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on who the Rockets want, if they wanted Suggs all along and that was the best offer, then sure don't leave value on the table. That said Allen, doesn't make sense with out timeline. Really, the only players that make sense for the Rockets right now are Rookies, and players we basically steal from another team to flip. We don't want to pay Allen. We need to clear the books and try to pair two superstars in 2 or 3 years with 3rd and 4th year players that are still on their rookie contracts. In your scenario, I would find a 3rd team for Allen

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The pattern being me giving realistic expectations for overrated raw players who drive all our most of their ability from elite athleticism.

Keep buying into the hype if you want, that way you can pretend to be shocked when you find out I was right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I agree, especially with rumbling they are throwing Jeremy Lamb whose position is log jam and contract is a burden.