1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Iko bomb: Rockets working Out Luc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So a little less than a year since the surgery. Anyone know what the typical recovery time is? The description sounds like it’s complicated, not that I understand a lot of it. Presumably, the shoulder is OK. I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere, just this injury.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

LOL just like ANY time Luc to Houston gets a pulse my first question is:

Did he ever get surgery on that shoulder?

If he didn't then there's no point in signing the guy. Without it being surgically repaired, Mbah A Moute's shoulder is a ticking timebomb every time he steps on the court.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think dmc would be released. I'm speaking more towards his actual role on this team. if both sides were happy with dmc, this moute news wouldn't be necessary. Unless Carroll is absolutely just unhappy at this point

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's not only his shoulder. he had a knee procedure done when he signed with the clips that kept him from playing

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

likely ...
    :)

D-rock likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh damn. Are you thinking DMC "illness" is the same as Faried's "Family Issue" from last year?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

his illness tag I'm not sure. but going from the spurs to here, I don't think he can be that thrilled with his time here thus far. going from one non playing situation to another. that IG post he had could have been the first sign possibly

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

If he is healthy...

[​IMG]

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets would still work out Moute regardless of Carroll because of the potential upside of Moute.

I wouldn't read too much into the Rockets working him out. They have kept in contact with him for some time in the hopes that his knee had rehabbed to the point that he could play. Defensively he is just on another level compared to players like Green and Carroll.

It is likely all pie in the sky, but throwing Covington and Moute out there together, with Tucker at the 5 and Westbrook/Harden in the back court would likely cause problems for teams like the Clippers and Bucks.

Deuce, lilbird20, HP3 and 10 others like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What did he say in the IG post?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure about that. this is like the 3rd time he's come in for a workout since being out of the league. him and Carroll essentially play the same roles on this team and Caroll getting pretty much 0 minutes while the rockets have 0 open roster spots

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

something about not trusting coworkers/bosses to that degree. it was taken down once it went kind of viral on twitter

DreamShook likes this.
  13. heypartner

That post was too vague. He also just rolled out a new fashion line, and he might have been talking about his business partners.

Didn't sound like he was talking about NBA players to me. It was just cfnet thinking everything is about the Rockets, imo.

HP3, D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the Rockets have a strong interest in Moute IF he is healthy and thus far that hasn't been the case and I am doubt he is healthy right now personally. The Rockets have several roster spots that they can open up if Moute is healthy. I will have to ask around but I would be surprised if Carroll would be cut.

Deuce, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

could be. just pointing it out

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

well yeah you can drop guys anytime whether its clemons, thabo, Ihart, tyson or whatever but they're not any actually open roster spots.

again I'm not saying carroll is the one being cut. it just speaks more to his actual role on this team.

Nook likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks again for the update Nook. I didn't know that he had a knee injury apart from his shoulder. I don't think he will make the team.

Nook likes this.
  18. heypartner

wasn't taken down. it was a "story" post that auto-disappear, right?

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it was taken down/deleted, once it went viral on twitter. it wasn't up for close to 24 hrs that would be auto deleted

20. heypartner

i'm sure it was about his fasion line business partners. that's much more likely.