1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I wouldn't mind getting this guy at all. He can rebound, shoot the ball, and block shots. He's rumber to have something like a 7'4" wing span. I believe he's going to work out for us next week. Seems like the perfect pf for us.

http://draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=81#

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i do not know any drafts prospects. but from what i read in your link wil he not be drafted before we get to pick? Otherwise the scout report seems good, has anybody seen him play?

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I have seen him play. I kinda like him. 7-5 wingspan is what Elton Brand has as well and it is going to serve him well. It was no surprise to see that Ike Diogu destroyed Chris Taft in Golden State.

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92318&highlight=Diogu

Plenty to like about Ike

His stock is rizing....no surprise here

4. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i think 2-3 mock drafts had us picking him. I just hope he lands here, but i think Rockets will do something stupid and don't pick him up.

5. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

He was in to workout yesterday. He reportedly did very well - especially shooting (all the way out to the NBA 3 point line) and was just beating up the other guys in to work out.

Wasn't as quick as some of the other potential 4's though.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And that might be key! "quickness" at PF spot clearly is something JVG is going to be looking at. It is that quickness that we are hoping will mask Yao's lack of footspeed.
    That said, Diogu would still look good on this team. But ideally, getting a PF that has some quickness would be what we would want.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he and simien seem to have risen out of our range recently, since they both measured above 6'9".

if either one, especially diogu, falls to us i would like ot have them.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If that's the case then that means that more swingmen will fall and potentially the Rockets could grab a quality swingman. I am sure the Rockets will try to take the Best Available Player with their pick but my gut tells me they would really like to take the best "swingman" available and then address the PF position via Free Agency or trades.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sounds like a Star Wars character.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Graham, Turiaf, Jack

11. superden

superden Contributing Member

i think he is going to get drafted earlier now bc his stock has shot up... it seems like this might be a pretty deep draft this year.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Ike Diogu has the wingspan of a 7-footer, and has shown tremendous range in workouts. He's played is way into the 10-15 range. Ditto Simien, who measured taller than the 6-7 anticipated.

13. torrr

torrr Member

So if we draft diogu, and have him and Yao trade arms, will they each have normal wingspans?

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Man the more I hear about Ike Diogu, the more I like him. He's got that wingspan like Brand. He's a double double threat, and by all accounts, a workhorse in the paint. And now he's showing that he's got range out to the three point line.

Can you imagine a guy with a defensive game like a poor man's Brand, and an offensive game like Donyell Marshall. Where do I sign up.

He might not be as quick as some other guys, but a long wingspan can make a big difference. Just look at Mutombo.

I say we try and trade up with one of those teams in the late lottery that's looking to deal. Maybe the Clips, if they really do want to move their pick. Diogu is looking to be a perfect fit.

15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. Who were the other potential 4s worked out? And who specifically were the quicker 4s?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yao has a 7'4 3/4" wingspan. :)

17. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

I really like Ike. I think he could do well on our team. He is schedule for a workout in Houston on Thursday. However, Ike might be the fastest player in the draft. I don't see Ike or Wayne falling down to 24. I like Rony Turiaf. From what I read about Turiaf, He is a very agressive. He is branded as an enforcer PF.

18. micah1j

micah1j Member

Suns Promise Diogu?

NBADraft.net received word Friday that the Suns may have a promise in place to take Arizona St. power forward Ike Diogu.

Phoenix also loves high schooler Monta Ellis, and is was said to be hoping he will slip to them at 21, but they may figure he'll be gone by the time they pick.

http://www.nbadraft.net/draftbuzz042.asp

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well it might not matter because it looks like Diogu might shoot up the draft board anyway. I'm really starting to like this kid. I really hope we can trade up to get him.

20. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

diogu is a fantastic player. he's from texas and was a mcdonald's all-american but went to arizona st. for some unknown reason and that has hid his talent. he's one of the best PF available and reminds me a lot of elton brand. if he somehow drops to us at #24 we'd be idiots NOT to take him. however, his workouts have really propelled him lately into late lottery-mid first round material so it is unlikely.