1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(IG Live) Jalen Green on a potential KPJ-Green backcourt, "Kp know thats a scary backcourt"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Green wasn't top 20 though

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I know people and can size them up almost immediately. If I’m interviewing Cade, Green, Mobley and Suggs for a job, I’m hiring Suggs 10 times out of 10 because I know he’ll be a leader, a culture carrier, and he’ll work his tail off. Green would be last on my list based on what I’ve observed. Weak communication skills and questions about his maturity. Not good leadership traits. Not completely surprising for someone at his age however. If that’s accurate then it will take a long time before he can be a team leader than can defeat opponents in the playoffs. Just calling it like I see it. I wish him the best and I’m sure he’s a great person.

albuster likes this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So you can look at a picture and some videos of somebody and come to the complete opposite conclusion to the myriad of coaches and players who've known him in real life, and still think you're right? Seek professional help, sounds like you're suffering delusions of grandeur or some form of weird narcissistic disorder.

IvanLCPM, 34to11, Richie_Rich and 7 others like this.
  4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The Gen Z Stevie/Cat? :cool: But they would still need their Yao. ;)

5. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brook didn't start knocking down the three until his ninth season.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is that relevant to my post in any way? I'm talking about Lopez's spacing ability now rather than his rookie year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. i3artow i3aller

You said you don't need him to be Bartans from three but rather Brook Lopez. I'm just saying it may take a very long time for that three point shot to develop thus negating that spacing ability you speak of. It took Bosh quite a while and he proved to be the far superior shooter in college.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't like this.

This puts pressure on the team to pick a certain way or risk causing issues.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Possum

Possum Member

Am I the only one getting a Milli Vanilli vibe?

sydmill, juanming and D-rock like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dude, you should send your resume to the Kings or T-Wolves. They historically hire GMs of your caliber.

IvanLCPM, 34to11, Richie_Rich and 7 others like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You dont need to be able to take 3s accurately you just need to present a threat of doing it so people dont leave you wide open. Cousins for example isnt a sniper from 3 but because he has that ability he can camp out and provide spacing from slashers.

We dont know about Bosh and Lopez because they started playing prior to 3 pt era. Obviously if they didnt focus on taking 3 pt shots right out of the gate then they wont improve. The focus on them was playing face up game in the paint at the time, those 3s happened by accident than by design.

It didnt take Brook Lopez 9 seasons to hone his 3 pt shot he just didnt train it until later in his career. If he was a rookie in today's modern NBA he'd taking reps everyday and you'd see it blossom quicker.

In the case of Mobley, he takes 1.2 attempts from 3 so you can see his focus wasnt on stretch 3 either, and thats reasonable cuz in college his coach needs him more at the paint than in the perimeter. Thats not true in the NBA cuz he is skinny he wont be doing damage in the paint anyway. If you consider his lack of aggression being a 3 pt spacer on offense suits his personality as well so if we do get him that should be his focus. If you look at Bolbol, dude went from just another tall and skinny dude to 3 pt bomber in 1 year, Mobley can do the same.

#111 roslolian, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  12. i3artow i3aller

It is indeed a new era. I'll give you that. It's also one dominated by superstar guard play. To assume that means his three ball will magically develop much faster is still a huge what if. Even with reps that could still be years and years away. To assume otherwise is fool's gold. We simply do not know. Time will have to tell.

I'm happy you mentioned Bol Bol. He shot 520% from three in college on 2.8 attempts. He could already shoot well from distance. He had that skill. Mobley is yet to display that.

#112 i3artow i3aller, Jul 3, 2021
    IvanLCPM, Deuce, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cleveland gets cold. Very cold. And their last successful rappers were Bone Thugs N Harmony. Houston has a culture these kids appreciate. Cleveland is a place Lebron fled, and he's basically from there.

34to11 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

But again, just to confirm. You want to use a #2 draft pick to draft somebody with the idea that they're going to develop into Brook Lopez, and that's your big goal?..

o_O

15. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you even know how good Brook Lopez is offensively?

People don't see Brook Lopez as a star mainly because his defense sucks and he is small and unathletic for a center, but obviously Mobley doesn't have those issues. If it is a lock for Mobley to develop Lopez's offensive skillset he'd contend for the no 1 pick.

albuster likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Again here you are again calling Lebron, Kawhi and KD superstar guards lol.

The last superstar guard who dominated the league was Kobe and that was like a decade ago. There's never been a superstar guard since then who "dominated the league" cuz ever since Lebron, KD and Kawhi have been drafted they were passing the baton between best player in the league between the 3 of them. These players are 6'8 forwards not guards, they can do what guards do but they are 6'8 instead of 6'4 that's why they are superior. Green is somewhere in between being 6'6 he is taller than the average guard but he will still be at a disadvantage vs the 6'8 dudes like Cade. For example, Cade can guard him straight but being 6'6 and much skinnier he won't be able to guard Cade. And before you tell me Cade is a point guard, point guards aren't 6'8 tall lol Cade is obviously a forward that can play pg because he is extremely quick and athletic and he has pg skills. He is like a wolf acting like a pet dog he can howl and bark like a dog but if you look at him he is obviously a wolf and not a pet dog.

In the future, we can see Giannis, Luka, Zion and probably Cade taking the torch of best player in the league from the old generation. Again you won't see see superstar guards dominate the NBA so I wish you'd stop saying something that's factually incorrect cuz chances are while Green will be really good and could even be a top 5 player like James Harden he will never dominate the league or be regarded as the best player, not with all the forwards we have now.

Mobley is a project you won't see him come in and immediately hit 3s at a high clip. The same thing is true with Green though lots of people are saying he isn't gonna come in and be a superstar immediately he'll need some time to germinate and grow into his own just like Devin Booker. They are both projects. Like I have said numerous times I am 50-50 between the two but I don't like how the Green camp always make up **** like how guards dominated the NBA or how Green won't be a project when he comes in.

#117 roslolian, Jul 3, 2021
    albuster and JayGoogle like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets are influenced by Green and KPJ's public flirtation with one another and end up passing on a better player it'll mean the franchise didn't learn their lesson when they gave in to Harden and destroyed their team.

albuster and Plowman like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

His highest season average is 20.7 ppg, career average of 16.5ppg. Brook Lopez is not who I'd waste a #2 pick on. We need this pick to be a gamechanger for the team, if the highest you're aiming for a #2 pick is a one time all-star and one time defensive second team player then I'm sincerely happy you're not in charge of our draft. Are you kidding me? Brook Lopez. Brook. Lopez. That's what you're aiming for? Complete and utter delusional nonsense.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It isn't NY or Cali but compared to Cleveland it's a destination city with a large market and a lot of culture.