1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Not sure if the "Trade Bledsoe" and "Fire Hornawreck" is true given the first part of the comment ("numbers would definitely be higher").

However, "Fire Hornawreck" is excellent for an off the cuff name conversion.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No one is saying Lin can't get better, just that Goran is a better player than Lin (true) and it sucks that we let him go and settled on Lin (also true). Rockets fans regret the loss of a good PG, especially given that we replaced him with a mediocre PG.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The type of team fan we should all strive to be.

We are The Houston Lins, right?

4. boiler

boiler Member

Then I got news for you, Goran is gone, long time ago. You guys need to suck it and move on. Oh by the way, Rockets are doing pretty well too, in case you don't know.

Funny I still remember how Cfers were trashing Goran last year for choosing Suns over Rockets when his team was bad and he's not happy. lol.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

*pats you on the head* feel better now?

6. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

It is not OK to bash other Rockets players to prop one particular player, but it is OK to bash a current Rockets player for a player that left Rockets for another team? Makes so much sense you know.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

It was a desperate move by Morey because it wasn't between Lowry, Dragic, Lin , it was between Lin, Ramon Sessions, Courtney Forston, SCOTT MACHADO NEXT STARTER, etc

Morey threw more money at Lin because it seemed AT THE TIME that the he was going to strike out completely, he took a flyer on a PG who had shown flashes of being a very good player in a desperate situation and given the fact that the Knicks were laughing their asses off at the 'initial offer' believe whatever you want about that.

I cannot for the life of me understand the amount of sentiment attached to Dragic. It was absolutely heartbreaking watching the team just collapse and fall out of the playoffs year after year when it became clear that Yao could no longer handle the demands of the NBA game. You make decisions based on evidence and the clear logic was that Morey did not want to sacrifice flexibility for the 2015 Free Agency, Morey worked in the parameters that he always does, and his work has netted us two superstars in Harden and Howard.

Of course Dragic is a better player than Lin currently, and of course if you just plugged Dragic in we would be better. Maybe I just have absolutely no emotion towards previous-rocket players, but whatever happens, the name on the front of the jersey ain't ever gonna change.

[sans relocation/nba instituted namechange]

8. Clarinetmonster

You guys absolutely suck trashing on one of your players - reading this thread is maddening. It's almost like you blame Jeremy for losing Dragic. And I don't get why he has to be compared constantly to the guy either - just let him be his own player and we'll see where he can get to. OK, carry on sucking.

9. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Wow, nice post dude. You must have been bullied pretty bad at school.

Not only are you misinformed about the whole Dragic/Lin situation but you come across like a real douche bag.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I just read through the last 10 or so pages and I don't see guys trashing Lin.

There are people saying they feel Dragic is better and Lins defense squad saying why they are wrong.

If this is trashing then I'm about to trash our entire team.

Lebron is better than every player on our team.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Saying Dragic is better than Lin is not trashing Lin. Saying we rather have Dragic than Lin is not trashing him either. People hate on Lin because of Lin's fans. They are the ones that honestly need to look in the mirror because Lin would be a lot more liked if he didn't have the fans that he does IMO.

12. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lin is an asian American developed in America, which basically got overlooked over and over again. Lin thinks so, so does his supporters.

Yi was developed in China , biggest population in the world , the chinese developed him.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Wah wah wah! Do you want a cookie? Are you jealous that I didn't pat you on the head? Here... *pats you on the head too*

Where was I misinformed about Lin huh? I never said Lin caused us not to Dragic. I said to a lot of us, it sucked going from Dragic to Lin. I understand why we did it, but it still sucks taking a big step back at any position especially in the grand scheme of things where we got our stars regardless and that 4th year option made no difference. Learn how to read before you insult someone. Might make you look smarter than you actually are.

14. Clarinetmonster

You really should be comparing Bev to Dragic he's your starter. Jeremy doesn't even have a chance to be in a position to be compared to Dragic.

15. Clarinetmonster

Maybe you guys are not totally off base - Dragic's apparently genius brother dropped this gem about Dragic not making the all star team:

'We knew it was going to be tough because he is not Chinese. He is from Slovenia, a country of only 2 million people”, Zoran said to SpanishHoops. “He still has a chance to go to the All-Star because there are some injured players. We’ll see. Anyway, he is playing the best basketball of his career, so if he’s not called now, he will have time to be an All-Star in the future.”

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I already compared Lin to Bev. I think Lin is the superior player. I just think Bev should start because he fits better than Harden who matters to the Rockets far more than Lin. In a vacuum, Lin starts over Bev all the time. The thing is, we don't live in a vacuum world and we do have stars on our team. Thankfully, Lin's skill set makes him a great 6th man off the bench.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

See this is the part I don't agree with, I understand it, but I don't agree with it (not saying you do it), how anybody feels about Lin or Harden or whoever should NEVER be influenced by someone else thinking Lin is the next Chris Paul or if an overly affectionate uncle rocked a beard.

There's no issue when people say 'Dragic is better than Lin, Lin's a massive turnover flop, I'd rather have Dragic' but if the reason people are saying that is to purely spite LOFs then that is completely idiotic. People all the time post stuff like, 'Lin would be fine if it wasn't for his fans', well thats just r****ded, why would anyone let ancillary things like fans or KIA commercials impact their evaluation of what a player does on the basketball court?

and frankly dont people just ignore posts claiming Lin to be the next GOAT? nobodies mind is going to be changed

18. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin produced better results for the Rockets than Dragic did. Playoff appearance for the first time in 4 years. Lin really picked it up in the last 3 months of the year just as Houston had depleted its roster at the all star break and Harden was a bit hobbled by injury. I've liked Dragic since his first Suns stint but if you extrapolate stats Lin and Dragic are pretty similar players. The question is whether the coaching staff and management believe in Lin enough to let him develop. The answer to that question is decidedly mixed. They clearly acknowledge what he has been able to do for the team in a variety of roles, but they don't seem to fully trust him in the same way the Suns trust Dragic.

19. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Sorry saying dragic is better is a pointless , straw man statement. Because at this point it's very very debatable and not one of those clear cut better. Dragic is better sounds frightfully similar to the thread previously put up saying that the numbers are clear bev is better. This statement works in a way to carve up this board, to call out people and mark them as LOF.

Anyway i believe that dragic is very good and is sure nice to watch, in fact the both of them are quite similar in terms of the style they play. They are very very fast in transition.

But I believe lin will become better because he is now forced to work on his weaknesses here. The last few games have been a bright spot.

20. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Does it suck going from a team that has no chance to contend or go to the playoffs to going to the playoffs with a chance to win it all in the near future?

Boy you sure like Dragic very much, sounds like you a more a fan of a player than the team.......mmm where have I heard that before???