1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If YOU were JAMES HARDEN - SUPERSTAR LIFE or CHAMPIONSHIPS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, May 31, 2015.

?

IF I'm James Harden...

1. I'm livin La Vida Loca, Baby! I got max money and x # of years to spend it!

45.7%
  2. I'm devoting the next 6-10 years of my life to THE RING!

54.3%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jordan partied 5X harder than Harden. Partied so hard he got his dad killed.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think you're confusing self-promotion with having a pristine character. What do you know about MJ and Kobe's personal lives except for the media story lines you have been fed? There have certainly been indications that both players partied and had their own scandals, be it alleged gambling or rape. One of MJ's most notorious games was the hangover ("flu") game. I think you are letting your ideals of these players foreshadow them as men. Do you know about the 80's Lakers? Magic Johnson?

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I don't give a **** what he does in his private life as long as he isn't killing people or beating women or getting arrested for whatever.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How did partying with attractive women when you're 25 and single become a bad thing?

What were y'all doing when you were young and single? Devoting your life to your job?

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I'd guess half of them were at home living with their parents or in their apartment working out their forearms.

6. Badrose

Badrose Member

It's a bad thing if the party is the night before of a game... I agree on the fact that he can do all he wants when the season is over, not during it.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

who says he even drinks when he goes out

I know a lot of players that go clubbing on road trips, they always make these club appearances including the best of the best. What I also heard is that players strictly don't drink during the season

what's happening here is people seeing a instagram picture of Harden at with 2 chicks and go out of their way to make the assumption that he is hung over the next day for the game, it's stupid

we don't know if James Harden parties more than anyone else in the NBA, we simply don't.

and since when does banging big bootied b****es affect your game the next day, you don't get hung over from sex

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

actually... I've heard of athletes abstaining from sex to help their game - something about stamina.... and james sure looks winded when he's trying to play both ends of the court... ;)

and as far as making assumptions regarding his partying.... what reason do you have for an MVP caliber player all of a sudden dribbling the ball off his foot repeatedly and setting an nba record for turnovers? Were not talking about 'his shot is off' one night or two.... that was meltdown...

Once again, not ragging on James - if I were in his shoes I would prob be partying a lot more than he does.... still shows up to work and delivered a near mvp level performance this season... gotta b doing something right...

I just find it amusing that some people are in straight up in denial....
    others think he will have some epiphany and 'mature' beyond it all....
    meanwhile I'm figuring - dude likes to party - can't fault him for livin life to the fullest....it is what it is - deal with it...

He's still a great talent that can certainly be a component in a championship season... but if i were McHale, I might be a little quicker on the hook if James is looking 'out of sorts' in the future... ;)

9. tnopham

tnopham Member

In all honesty I don't think Harden is doing anything different than every other athlete or NBA player in the past or present. It only seems like an issue now because of how visible it is due to social media. Think about it. With no FB, Instagram, or camera phones. Would this topic have even been brought up?

People gave him crap about going to a concert the day before an elimination game. (Then he goes out and scores 45 pts) Ok so the Rockets probably had practice that day already. I'm curious if people actually expect the players to just go home and sit there and do nothing for the rest of the night and "Focus".

If say he went to go watch a movie by himself instead would people still be mad or question his dedication?

Just seems silly to expect someone to not have a life outside of their job. He had a bad game yes. But to assume he's not dedicated to his craft because of a few pictures you see online is pretty ridiculous.

10. HTine

HTine Member

This is silly. Every NBA guy parties. We're just all up in Harden's business more than the next player. He can do both

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Pfft.

The showtime lakers and especially Magic used to consort with women DURING GAMES

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

Title translated, "trololololololololol" so did not read.

Appreciate a great plyer and stop pile driving him.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh wow! That was so over the line. You just trivialized a man's senseless murder. If memory serves, James Jordan was asleep in his carafter returning from a funeral when a guy recognized his license plate and shot him during a carjacking. Please explain what Jordan's "partying" had to do with this tragic event.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There is/was a super dumb conspiracy theory that his father was killed due to unpaid gambling debts to send a message.

Again, it is super dumb.

15. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I think he sucked because he was TOO focused on the ring. He should have just kept to his usual routine at Treasures, bruh.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why not both? Why only absolutes? You have to find a balance in life, all things in moderation. You cant be consumed by one thing or the other.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Dude...nobody taught you to pull out?

18. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Wait, people really think that when he retires, he'll be in the same conversation as MJ and Kobe? He is going to be a to 15-20 player of all time?

How ludicrous is that too honestly believe?

19. PJ86

PJ86 Member

You can party and still bring the effort the next day, if not, then he should stop or he is simply in the wrong business.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

actually my intention with the thread was less about James Harden and more about how fans deal with their superstars....

For all the threads about Harden and his partying/focus/etc.... earlier nearly half said they would do the same thing....

some I guess gotta try to keep their vision of their icon pristine - with questioning whether or not he's even drinking or whatever when partying...

Some people gotta defend.... make excuses - everybody does it...

Some try to negotiate parameters... as long as its not the night before a game...

...and then some people wont even take the time (beyond reading the title) to see what is being said before blathering some nonsense....

sorry... maybe somebody else will make a thread putting some statistic on a pretty chart for you to comment on... so you won't have to read... :)