1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if you watch today's nba and think #13 is selfish then you are an idiot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Apr 2, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

Yeah jeremy is at fault too. I almost never see Jeremy do anything after he passes the ball. No cuts, no screens. no off ball movement. He just camps in the corner praying James would pass him the ball

2. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

That's why a guy like Parsons is valuable, Lin and Harden are smart players but they are not as intuitive geometrically if you know what I mean

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Harden passes ball without creating space like Lin did. He even passes ball with few seconds left on shot clock.

Also, he plays no defense. The whole team die hard to do defense and the other team makes all 3 pointers behind Harden.

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Pretty much. I thought this thread was about Harden. Harden isn't selfish and it's disappointing to see fans making this a Harden VS Lin thing. They're on the same damn team.

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Harden is not selfish at all but he needs to know ball movement creates opportunities. Hocky assist is just as valuable as real assist that shows up on the stat sheet.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Are you saying they have small penises?

1 person likes this.
  7. SeabrookMiglla

"i like turtles" is one of the greatest lines in recorded human history

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Outstanding analysis of why LOF's b**** at "McFail" after every win and loss.

9. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Harden passes the ball without creating space like Lin does. He even passes the ball with a few seconds left on the shot clock.

There you go.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

ahahaha:grin: thnx buddy you made my day:grin: repped!

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Fixed.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What you said was not wrong. But in the context of this thread, you are implying that Lin was the real selfish guy. That's wrong.

Neither Harden nor Lin is a selfish player. They have their strengths and weaknesses. Lin obviously is a better player when he runs the offense by himself. That has nothing to do with being selfish.

Harden is not selfish either. He is also at his best when he has the ball in his hand. But his game is not the same as Lin.

When Lin gets the ball, he quickly starts attacking. That's why Lin is seldom in ISO mode. And he's not "sticky" in that sense.

Harden likes to hold the ball for a while, sizing up the defender. That's fine. But that's what puts him in ISO situations a lot more and gives the perception that he's not sharing the ball. When you stop moving, your teammates tend to also stop moving. I am sure McHale would like Harden to start his moves quicker so that the offense would not get bogged down.

13. jocar

jocar Member

lmfao :D

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wait, what?

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Have u seen harden with the OKC Thunder last season? He is a iso-player. Just like Westbrook but those guys are so good 1on1 that they have to be double team and someone is open, so that's how they get their assist most of the time, oh yeah harden when playing for okc stood around the 3pt line most of the time too

A little break down if harden
    Pros: very dangerous 1on1 scorer, good vision, good and willing passer etc. there's more but u guys know the rest

Cons: does not move without the ball, hangs out way beyond the 3pt line (lazy basketball) ball watches on defense and offense, shows little effort on defense

Harden is young and those flaws of his can easily change if he wanted to, harden is one of my favorite player on the team, I just want him to change those bad habits of his, then houston will have a true superstar

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Props to you, great insight the last part of what u said is dead on, he holds the ball too long(aka ceveland lebron) and he needs to attack or make his move quicker

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Harden is only 23 years old, so I forgive his abundance of non-quality shots. If healthy, you know Harden would be going to the basket at will. No matter how you slice it, Harden is the centerpiece of the Rockets.