1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you moved to a different country, where would it be & why live there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think 900 CAD is the average weekly wages vs 3000k actual per month in the US,
    Montreal is affordable, St Catherine (Niagara fall area) , Hamilton ,Kitchener,London Oshawa etc near GTA are affordable too, rents is usually decent even in expensive places

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Still have never been to a lot of Canada, lot of places I’d love to go visit. Have tons of friends from there though. All say Toronto is crazy expensive.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here is a relaxing video introduction to one of the countries I would strongly consider moving to, should that become necessary. The title explains the video below very well. Enjoy.

Ireland in 4K - Drone Fly By - 60 minutes of Relaxing and Calming Music

MadMax and Xerobull like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love drone video. So utterly smooth. A friend of mine travels to make them.

#204 Xerobull, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Deckard likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think New Zealand tops my list as of now.

Andre0087, Deckard and ThatBoyNick like this.
  6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes. New Zealand is amazing. And for just under $100, you can hop on over to amazing Sydney or Melbourne.

Deckard likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Quality bump.

NZ's current success with Covid is extremely appealing, imagining living in NZ this year with Covid in comparison to pretty much all the other western countries offers a starkly different image for quality of life.

Australia is also doing very well with Covid currently, they had a slip unlike NZ after easing its initial restrictions, but have since been very on the ball and are down to under 200 active cases for a country of 25 million people, who have only around 900 Covid related deaths in total so far.

Amongst the many reasons I was/am hoping for a Biden win, is for the hope that America could get it's **** together a little sooner with Covid, allowing Americans to travel (immigrate) to different countries like NZ and AU. Seems like this may be set back some additional time now.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Ain't over man for Biden. Although as a bump too, I wouldn't still mind Canada. Mexico perhaps but the country is pretty corrupt as well.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Interesting thing I was talking about w/ my PCP yesterday, but apparently New Zealand is popping up as a major CVD hotspot. I suppose it has something to do with their diet, but I didn't dig too deep.

You wouldn't generally think of New Zealand as being "unhealthy" so it surprised me to hear that.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Our daughter, a lead software developer with two degrees, could easily get a great job in New Zealand. It would be as perfect a place as she could find considering her political leanings and lifestyle. The major problem is that it is so freakin' far away from her family and her friends. Ireland definitely has NZ beat in that respect. An EU country that's growing more liberal and also, I would think, with opportunities in her field, which currently has her working from home. Far easier for friends and family to visit, with a continent next door for her to explore. Food for thought.

Xerobull, boomboom and TWS1986 like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They are one of the most obese countries with 30% + of the population, only 2nd to the US amongst developed countries I believe.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Out of all the countries I've visited, the only one I could see myself moving to is Italy, more on the outskirts of a city. It's very beautiful and I loved the food.

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Counter-question...what is the absolute worst country to move to?

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, I live in the Dallas area at the moment.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. STR8Thugg

I saw that. I guess I don't know much about the culture there, but it surprised me.

16. STR8Thugg

Without question: Los Angeles.

Tie for second: New York and Boston.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

New Zealand actually is considered as exemplary in how they handled COVID. They had one of the lowest rates of COVID transmission as of a few weeks ago from what I recall. You sure you heard right?

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cardio Vascular disease. Pappa New Guinea is pretty bad too.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I could never move to New Z after what they did to Kim DotCom.

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Hey @malakas, are there any good Mediterranean islands I should be interested in?

Nation does not matter, but it would be good if said island had a mountaintop that could survey the surroundings.

An old monastery would be cool as hell.

Xerobull and malakas like this.