1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could void any contract on the roster...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, May 9, 2013.

?

If you could void any contract with no cap consequence

1. Jeremy Lin

26.9%
  2. Omer Asik

0.5%
  3. Thomas Robinson

2.9%
  4. Royce White

66.2%
  5. Terrence Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Donatus Motiejunas

0.6%
  7. Other

2.9%
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

LINK TO ROCKETS SALARIES

Hypothetically if you could void any contract with no cap consequence.

I'd probably pick Royce White, even though he barely costs us anything capwise.

It's a testament to Morey that his worst contract hampers the team very little.

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Not trying to start a Lin debate, but his on-court value doesn't equal 8.3 mil. If we shed his deal, we'd have the flexibility to make a big "side" move in addition to a major one.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Agreed. **** Royce White.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Get rid of Royce White immediately.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Only Royce White and Jeremy Lin would make sense, with Royce being the obvious answer. Royce is a total waste, but it's a relatively small amount of money by NBA standards. Lin's contract is decent but the only other one that isn't a bargain... you'd have to weigh whether you could do better with that cap money than you're doing with Lin.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Royce. Trim the fat.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Lin...simply isn't worth 8.3 mil RIGHT NOW

(nor do I think he will be worth it next year...would rather us have that much more cap space)

8. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

According to Mike_Lu(I use this 2006 poster as a reference because I'm not sure where he got the data exactly from though it does seem to correlate with all the other data I've seen), in the last 2.5 months of the regular season Lin averaged 18/7 per 36 minutes.

Can you tell me, which point guard you think the Rocket's can get for $8m/year that will give better production playing next to a ball dominant Harden?

I really can't fathom how 'true Rocket's fans' want to void the contract of a guy who is the perfect team mate, imminently coachable, has improved throughout the season after coming back from injury, and ended up with 17/7 in 32 minutes in the last month of the reg season, or 18/7 per 36 in the last 2.5 months if you want a larger sample size?

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

no option for James Harden?

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If Royce was guaranteed to make 10 bucks an hour from us for the next year, I would still void his contract.

11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Correction underlined above.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Royce White, and that's only because he doesn't play.

It's really incredible how we don't have any terrible contracts. Every one on the books is either on a rookie/heavy discounted deal except Lin and Harden. Harden is a star, so his contract is justifiable, and even Lin's contract isn't that bad as he provides some value.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Don't make it about Lin. We have a ton of great contracts or short ones. Based on the question asked, how are Royce and Lin not the clear two options?

White gets a pass IMO, because he's just annoying, but he's still on a fairly cheap deal.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No Harden option for the LOF's?

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Had to pick Royce White because he is a big zero at this point. Lin's contract in my opinion is bad too and it would be great to void his as well but White's contract would be first priority to void.

16. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Is it not a valid question?

What other PG is this team going to get for $8m/year that is going to give you 18/7 per 36?

I think that's a question you should be able to answer before you void the contract of the player who improved throughout the season to give you that and for who there is no reason not to be further improvement?

17. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Same question: 18/7 per 36 minutes for $8M is a bad contract for an NBA PG?

18. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Gotta love the hate for Jeremy. The guy came back from an injury, had broken minutes, and is only a starter for a year. Yeah, he's shaky, but so was tony Parker at first. All of this hate for Jeremy is getting ridiculous.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's a bad fit for this team. This team is built around our best player, Harden, and he isn't a good fit next to Harden. It's about what's best for the team. Lin's a great guy but I'm a Rocket fan first and have been a Rocket fan since before Lin was born so it's about what's best for the team in my opinion. Not interested in getting in a Lin debate.

20. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

People don't like being proven wrong. Most people, rather than admit that they were wrong in their judgement of him as a player, for whatever reason, would rather just double down.

Look at the depths people are going to to try and discredit him?

Using one bad game and his injury to spew endless hate to the point of blaming him as the primary reason for losing the series against OKC. And these people claim to be true Rockets' fans?

Oh yeah, while were at it, lets void the contract of the guy that gave you 18/7 the last 2.5 months who also brings countless intangibles along with that production because you can do so much better hiring another PG for $8M/year.

But Beverely's paid so much less, right? And he's good enough to start! Void Lin... lol.