1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could only keep one (Capela or Gordon)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Streets 01, Jun 29, 2017.

?

If you could only keep one player who would it be?

1. Keep Eric Gordon

34 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Keep Clint Capela

141 vote(s)
    80.6%
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Really depends on the circumstances

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon already has injury issues tho and is 28 while Capela just turned 23 and is still improving

there's no way I'd choose Gordon over Capela

kjayp likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

If we're talking about not worrying about our center position I say you trade capela and keep your sixth man of the year, he adds so much to the team.

Obviously in reality losing capela makes our center position very vulnerable so it really all depends.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not for a 1 yr contract.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

one aspect to consider is capela's free agency next summer, and morey may not even want to pay his mkt value anyways. and other than his above-the-rim play (both offensively and defensively), the rest of his game is quite meh

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I do in a heartbeat.

Capela isn't likely a Rockets player long term and George could very well resign in Houston with Paul/Harden present.

D-rock likes this.
  7. rocketseagles07

So I think it's less likely we could find another capela right now so I GUESS keep Capela. But mannnn do you guys remember how good EG was? We won games because of him, and he's a crazy good defender. If it's necessary for PG do it but I'm starting to think that ship has sailed

8. Nook

Nook Member

You know what is up.

9. saleem

You're right about his game, but Nanu is slow, and doesn't jump high or quickly. We would need another replacement for Capela,
    if we get Paul George.

10. saleem

EG is a decent defender, but he is starting to slow down IMO. I do like him, I just wish EG was a few years younger.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

true, but if we get paul george i'm also not sure capela is the type of center we should have clogging the lane up, when spreading the floor and getting boards might be more important instead. brandon bass? :D

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

CC is exactly the type of center you need when your other front court player is a stretch position

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

If we lose capela we get killed on Defense and on the boards... and that's kinda scary because he's not the worlds best of D anyway... but he's the best inside D we have with the exception of Nene when he's healthy

14. Chamillionaire

I hope we keep both. If I had to choose, would be EG since shooters of his caliber are rarer than a big such as Clint.

15. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Would keep CC. He's great as a "rim runner" and that really helps our offense. Plus he's improving the other aspects of his game as well.

If only Dwert would have bought in to that role.

Canadiandude likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

As there is nobody on the roster that I have seen play enough to feel confident that they could be an effective starting center - gotta go CC.
    No disrespect to EGo, but gotta go with a starting need over a bench option...

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

18. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

We definitely can't afford to lose Clint unless we pick up a center with youth and experience. Nene can't do it all at his age. Our other guys don't have enough experience.

saleem and kjayp like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

If we only had Harden? I'd keep Gordon.
    Now that we have CP3? I'd keep Capela.

saleem likes this.
  20. MD_in_Training

Keep Clint and it's not even close.

One of the big reasons why we even got EG in the first place was that he was expected to take on some of the playmaking duties while Harden is on the bench. Sure, he's also a great shooter, but those are readily found. Now that we have CP3, the playmaking contributions of EG is more or less worthless. He's basically a solid spot up shooter with acceptable defense.