1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could live in any U.S city , which would it be ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ramu3, Aug 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Damn it. I FAIL. :( I would say BOSTON, then.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The only problem there is the drive back from skiing. It will often take you only 2 hours to get up to the mountains, but 7 hours to get back to the city

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Also suprised by the comment that Boulder was dirty. Perhaps I have seen it on really good days, but along with being a college town it seems to have great recreational facilities.

I was also surprised by the preference to Colorado Springs. I have family there and everyt time I visit I am more disappointed. They seem to have the worst restaurants in the all of the US... even the pizza places were horrible. I do like the surrounding natural beauty, and the Acadamy is nearby, but the political climate there is too conservative, even for me. :grin:

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, there are flaws in Boulder but being dirty is definitely not one of them, it is one of the cleanest cities I have ever seen

And Colorado Springs is a much more boring city than Denver or Boulder, there just isn't a lot to do there, I would pass on it

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can live in any US city. And, I live in Houston, TX.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Malibu, California- I totally missed the boat on colleges. I should have gone to Pepperdine. So what if I piled up $200,000 worth of student loan debt? Living in Malibu as a college student for 4 years would have been worth it.

St. Louis, Missouri- It's not the best city, but I have family in the area and I'd love to spend more time time with them. Plus, it's a three sport city, so I'd still have a chance to watch/attend big time sporting events.

Phoenix, Arizona- I spent some time in Phoenix a few summers ago and I loved it. The city is incredibly clean and modern. The traffic isn't bad and the lanes on their highways are really wide.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Kalispell, Montana

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I loved Sedona when I was there in 1993, hated it in 2005. I prefer my small towns without bumper-to-bumper traffic. I had a weekend planned there, ditched it and went to Jerome instead. Sedona is one of those little places that was really awesome until way too many people found it and ruined it. (Like Austin.)

9. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

QFT.

I lived here for a couple of years and hated it more than anything.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

in no particular order

San Diego
    Santa Barbara
    Portland

my three favorite cities to visit and I would love to live in. If I had to just pick one I would say Portland since cost of living is lower there .

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably somewhere near Fort Smith or Fayetteville, Arkansas on about 10 acres or so ... even though it was 115 degrees up there today. Damn.

12. Asian Sensation

I was going to mention Santa Barbara. If I were to leave Portland for one place it would be Santa Barbara... I spent a couple weeks in the SB area mainly Carpenteria. Absolutely stunning.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Austin. I live here. Love it.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Exactly my thoughts when I first laid eyes on Malibu. That's basically what I meant when I listed LA.