1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you are Leslie Alexander,Cloud you want to re-sign Artest in next year?how much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLovePG, Dec 31, 2008.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

'[​IMG]

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont even wanna know why or how

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I would let the market set the price and either sign him, or do a sign and trade with the team that wants him.

No need to decide right now.

DD

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Assuming we keep Tracy, I think the most Ron can expect to see from Les is a three year, $10M offer. And I'm not sure he's going to see that, either.

He won't want to cross the lux tax, and he won't want to mess up his cap space for a max offer during the summer of 2010.

We'd need to lose McGrady for expiring contracts for Artest to see something closer to $12M. Anything past that is out of the question.

Evan

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I think we are going to make the room necessary to lock up Artest for good.

6. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

I'd rahter have Ron Artest than McGrady next year.

If we need to cut salary, dump McGrady's. And sign Ron Artest!

4 year, 32M.

7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

About 3-4 years at around 8-10 mil per sounds about right. BTW, I made the exact same thread like a week ago.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've seen Tmac play but Ron has PLAYED an important part of this team. I feel that Artest is the heart that we have needed. PAY him and add D-wade and I think we have a team for the ages. T-mac is done with me and I want a player to lead this team. Ron has shown me heart and we need that. pay him and yao and look for d-wade in 2010.

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If McGrady cannot "lead" Artest and Yao deep into playoffs, there is nothing else that has to be said. Anyone asking to buy more time to "gel" or wanting to wait for McGrady to get healthy is lying to themselves. Time is not on our side.

I'm the biggest T-Mac fan but it's getting ridiculous. And yes I know it hasn't always been his fault but his performance has been so bad lately that if he doesn't improve (this season) and bring a little glimpse of success in the post-season, there isn't much room for words, just farewells.

11. rockets_fanatic

I would like to be able to have T-mac, Artest and yao all become Free Agents at the same time. That way we will either have alot of cap room to be in the market for some big names or be able to get our trio together to sign them all so we can keep the three of them together for the rest of there careers.

Yao can get a slight pay rise, Arest can get his money and T-Mac will have to take a pay-cut.

12. JLovePG

JLovePG Rookie

lol......re-sign Ron in next year!!
    It seems that everyone thinks that is right!

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

RE-sign Ron artest who has more heart and intensity then Tmac! GET IT DONE LES! I hope you are reading this tmac and step up your sorry ass game son...

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

LOL at people who actually believe Ron would agree to an 8 million/ year deal, thats dumb. Les should sign him at least for $10mill/ year for 4 or 3 yrs. This guy is not a role player.

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I am LOLing at people who think Ron is going to take less than 7-8 per year. I think he is worth 3 years 30. Built I bet someone will offer him 3 years 36 and we will be screwed.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Hahahaha thank you for the good morning laugh :p

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heypartner=Very, very creepy...

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It depends on the playoffs.

Everything else is worthless speaking.

I don't know if he has Bird rights with him from Sacramento or does team have enough cap space.

Some knowledge? Please drop it...

19. tested911

tested911 Member

What the hell is everyone smoking? Artest is going to command 10-12 mil over 4 years and guess what.. He will get that because he has proven it not just on one end of the court but the other.. No other Athlete can hustle on both offense and defense. Look at the Rockets and we wouldn't even be a .500 team if Artest wasn't on this team. He might not pull the 20+ ppg but he does a lot more than score guys...

20. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Clutch, please ban qian.gj