1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Westbrook couldn't do it with Durant, why it would be any different with PG13?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think you are forgetting about a team in houston...

The 2nd best team in the west and the team best equipped to matchup with golden state

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

repost.

Stupid Microsoft edge hates Clutchfans for some reason. Flash?

3. Lightsnowaction

I don't know about that. Yes, you got CP3 and Harden and Tucker, but we still aren't top 10 on D. We would be with Iman added, but Ryno is still on the team who can't defend, can barely rebound, and can only make shots on the road. Our best bet is to out offense GS to win since PJ Tucker and an older Ariza is not going to fully get in done with Klay and Durant and Iggy. And Steph has killed CP3 in the past, although CP3 can put up a good fight against to cancel him out.

With OKC, they were already a top 10 D last year, and PG is a great defense player(similar to Durant). Mayne it does not shownin the regular season, but definitely will the playoffs. Bring back Roberson and bring in a starter at the 4 and left with length and athletes all over the court(depending on the 4). Plus, it won't just be Westbrooke, PG can give them a consistent 22 a game, and his space, like Durant, will open up a ton for their 1 way role players and Steven Adams. I'm not proposing either team will beat GS, but maybe we or OKC can take a game and be competitve, maybe.

And P.S., I would be terrified by the OKC matchup. Lou is a lost and that length is real.

4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Everyone seems to be going to the Lakers in summer of 2018.....if not earlier.

Paul George, Westbrook, LeBron.......Chris Paul possibly if things don't go well in Houston. Westbrook might
    have to move to shooting guard in that scenario. Westbrook and P George getting use to playing with
    one another on the same team.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Tip jar bet that we will finish higher in the standings than okc?

Im willing to tip jar bet 100$. IM SERIOUS

you are over rating okc by a country mile and underrating us

6. Lightsnowaction

I'm not. I just don't know how CP3 & Harden will mesh and I don't like Ryno as the starting 4. PG is not as good as KD, but is super similar without the playmaking and length and I've seen OKC with two top 15 players.
    Also, we have to beat the Spurs 1st.

What do you see that I don't see? Also, do you see us being a top 10 D?

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If I'm coaching them, I preach that defense wins games. That pair will be able to pressure offenses. Late game defense is going to be rough.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I can't wait for pg's facial expression at westbricks's chucking up mindless shots down the stretch.

RocketsTruth and slothy420 like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Who said OKC had a chance to win a ring?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Harden didn't extend with us, he would join them too. Folks from Cali...... :D and Lebron the new Cali

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This is no more rational than the fear of OKC last year, they were zero threat to us last year and we've improved by more than them (and the matchups have flipped in our favour even further since gibson was a huge part of why anderson was useless).

They couldn't even play kanter being picked apart on the pnr when beverley was running it, it's not getting better with cp3 running those minutes lol

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Which Lou?

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

When Griffin (GM of Cavs) was let go. I read a story LeBron's wife wanted to move to LA by (in) summer of 2018.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/rumor-lebron-james-wife-wants-to-live-full-time-in-los-angeles/

One of the reasons Griffin left.....didn't want to be captain of Titanic as it goes down.

Cavs players were texting Jimmy Butler not to come to Cleveland.

Chauncey Billups took his name out of consideration for front office position due to stability long term (LeBron leaving).

Melo trade might change situation. Think Melo is pushing Houston over Cavs because of state of the Cavs franchise.

Seems like those Cali guys are high on Lakers over Clippers due to franchise history. Just my feeling; CP3
    probably touched base w/ LeBron/Paul George/Melo meeting up with Clippers in 2018 if Blake was out??
    Probably got a "No" answer.

#33 Jatman20, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

better than worst record in the league and a point guard who can't play half a season.

every team except cleveland and golden state can't get a ring in the last few years bro

15. hlcc

hlcc Member

don't people say that pretty much every off season? but when's the last time a premier free agent signed with the Lakers?

YOLO likes this.
  16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

My take is, not many since D12 left.....but these guys are getting together and talking to one another this summer.

Plotting for next summer (timing thing). No one star wants to go there alone (w/young guys....rooks).
    But they are saying let's join up in the summer of 2018 and revitalize the Laker brand....and battle the Warriors.

CP3 opted in for one year w/Houston. Leaving option open if things don't work out between him and Harden.
    But it looks like he is putting in the time and effort. Recruiting PJ Tucker and now Melo.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol OP makes it seem like titles are the only thing that matter but OP is a huuuuuge Lin fan.

Lmao

SamFisher likes this.