1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we win 23 games in a row, is Harden better than T-Mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 19, 2016.

?

If we win 23 games in a row, is Harden better than T-Mac?

1. No, T-Mac is still better.

17.0%
  2. Yes, thanks to Mike "The Maestro" D'Antoni.

83.0%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

haha. but really, harden is clearly better than tmac.

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

capela<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<YAO

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

If that's your nonsense narrative.... Harden still better than Mr. First Round Exit

tinman likes this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

A healthy McGrady with his head on straight was a special, special player. He did things athletically that really only guys like Kobe and Vince could do at the time. He DID have a killer instinct and when he turned it on, I cheered more than I have ever cheered before. I'm talking screaming and jumping saying HO-LY S#IT!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT???!!!! He was a blast.. . . . until he wasn't. When he wasn't I couldn't wait to see him go.

Harden on the other hand works more like a powerful machine. He's built for taking hits and moving through his competion (Like LeBron). The thrill of watching Harden is his control. He speeds up, slows down, jukes and gets the ball in the basket. He's not constantly flying above the rim, a la McGrady and Francis, which is what gets me fired up, he just gets to the rim and finishes which is why he is a winner.

Grading the talent between the two of them seems hard to compare because McGrady was kinda like an idiot savant and Harden is like Mozart. They are both brilliant just one has control and mastery the other is a freak of nature. Which is why I think Harden can lead a team to the WC Finals and McGrady can't get out of the first round. At least, that's how I see it.

arabrocket likes this.
  5. rockpileindisma

Lmao this is what mavs fans do in their spare time after their 4 win season! **** off

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Misleading. In terms of supporting cast, Harden has had a better compliment of players. He also has a coach that compliments his style of play. Health wise Harden doesn't really miss games either

But in terms of pure talent while on the court

Tmac> Harden

Tmac's biggest problem was injuries. But production wise he was as elite as anybody

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Who are you talking about? :confused:

8. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Harden is more durable,Tmac always get injury when he was here。

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

See I don't get this.

Not saying tmac wasn't very good but if you dig deep harden is and has been playing as all time level on offense. Tmac was never this good and hardens been like this for 5 years now and won't turn 28 till before te start of next season

I think we downplay how good harden is. He's a top 20 offensive player off all time the eyes impact and metrics back this up.

Harden is producing 55 ppg.

Lebron bird magic mj never did this in fact the never even got to 50.

He's doing historic things and I think a lot of us are taking it for granted.

I mean even in a so called down year last season he still became the 4the player all time to avg 29/7/6.

Dude is special and is much better than tmac.

Tmac had better natural ability because he was 6'9 and could pass dribble and score. But harden is 6'5 weights more and does everything tmac does not just better but a lot better.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Harden has already far surpassed tmac, not even close

Harden has already taken this team to the WCF. mac NEVER won a playoff series

Everyone knows tmac was a great scorer. He never got credit for the playmaker/passer that he was.

That being said, Harden is arguably the best passer and playmaker in the NBA. Mac had great vision on the court, Harden has all-time great vision on the court. Mac was a great scorer, Harden is an all-time great scorer. He is a substantially better shooter than mac ever was. He is far more aggressive at attacking the rim than mac ever was. He has a midrange game that mac never had.

mac did a lot of things harden likes to do. Harden does EVERYTHING better than mac ever did

#70 rhino17, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Tha_Dude and tinman like this.
  11. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Tracy was too good but injuries slowed him. Would a stronger work ethic have prevented those injuries from occurring? Who knows.

Harden is a tank like an NFL runningback and right now he is as good as Orlando Tmac. I say Harden can be better on some days however because of his more dynamic game and ability to get to the line and draw fouls.

Mac was a bit of a long range bomber.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither - both Harden and T-mac played on teams. It's not just one player that determines the outcome

Harden has talents in many areas, as did T-mac. They were however very different plays but both were adept at the pick'n'rolls and getting to the line.

I don't think it's fair to try to compare these two players. We should just be happy to have had such great talented guys. T-mac didn't get us where we wanted to go, but Harden still has a chance.

I hate these comparisons as they are honestly so negative and just meant to satisfy the trolls.

13. rockpileindisma

I'm tombat you, **** boi

14. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

I still haven't been able to figure out if swyyyguy is a Mavs/Jazz troll or an idiot. Maybe he's really young and started watching the Rockets when McGrady played. That's defintely better than being a troll; he's just young and foolish. But I think even most fans that grew up watching McGrady and Yao aren't that blinded by nostalgia. C'mon man.

15. HTM

HTM Member

Troll Mavs fan OP with his troll thread.

tinman likes this.
  16. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Obvious Harden shade when "he's already better" isn't an option and the "Yes" option is more credit to D'Antoni than Harden himself.

HTM and Tha_Dude like this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Orlando T-mac was a beast. but Harden is better than Houston T-mac for sure.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

If we lose tomorrow I'm gonna blame you, real hard.

19. bearded

bearded Member

No comparison and lol at the troll-poll options..I'm very surprised this thread has spread to 4 pages..

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because Houston TMac only played 2 seasons of completely healthy basketball lmao

That is like nothing..... hindsight.