1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we only could keep one, Brooks or Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Jul 14, 2010.

?

If we only could keep one, Brooks or Lowry?

1. Brooks

219 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Lowry

85 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If the Rockets have two PGs at Brooks' and Lowry's level making a combined $12-14 mill/year, I think they would be the envy of the NBA.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You mean like Collison and CP3....how is that working out for them?

;)

DD

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

The title should be changed to Scola or Lowry.

Lowry is a decent PG for almost every team. He gives you toughness and almost everything mediocre except shooting range.
    AB is a better scoring PG obviously but his limitation is also obvious. Not many team would like to start AB but we're not. We need someone who can penetrate at will and with 3 points range. I would say keep AB if we must choose one.

4. AggieRocketsFan

AB will get a contract under the new CBA so can we really estimate what he will be demanding?

5. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Brooks = Michael Scoot
    Lowry = Dwight Schrute

6. AggieRocketsFan

Also, I would like to say that I'm so glad the 40 of you that voted for Lowry are not our GM

7. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can think of at least one team that thinks he's worth the money.

9. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

It's not really a far question. If were to get rid of Brooks, you have to factor in who may be coming in with a trade. Lowry, we would likely be gone for nothing.

So perhaps it's Granger+Lowry or AB?

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

11. joesr

joesr Member

I think this really matters on who else we pick up in FA. If we get an offensive minded player I would keep Lowry and vice versa, a defensive minded player then Brooks.

But with the roster right now, Brooks.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What is this insane ubseession with Houston fans and backups over allstar caliber players? I really question how intelligent our fans really are. I mean really? Brooks a 20 point scorer and 6 assist guy or Lowry his backup? :rolleyes: Gee let me think a bit? :p Dumb already Brooks and Ariza are real good players. Stop trying to act like they are easily replaceable.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Brooks isn't quite on all-star level. Not in the NBA anyways.

Neither really are. Lowry's skillset is very unique. Not many PGs who can do what he does.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That is? unless your talking about a trade that involves Brooks and gets someone like Carmello or Danny Granger or something. Then Lowry of course with those guys.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually no, you have now launched 3-4 efforts to reprogram the board so that you can pretend like that minority doesn't exist.

You want to be in DD magic land where nobody points out any flaws in your analysis.

Anyway, he matched. Doesn't bode well for AB's contract extension, does it?

16. sparky

sparky Member

This 2 point guards good enough to start completely reminds me of the Kings with Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson. Both were good enough to start for most teams. But the Kings were best when they went small and played at the same time.

See any parallels? I think one of our best lineups had Brooks and Lowry in at the same time. I would say 4th quarter, move Martin to the 3 depending on defensive match-up and run Brooks and Lowry 1 and 2.

17. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Brooks...

Lowry will be traded at the deadline

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not sure what this is asking. Paul was hurt most of the season and Collison didn't establish himself until CP3 was out so they played very few games together. We will see how well the two can play together if they get a full season of being healthy. However, that teams needs so many other things that it makes more sense to trade one.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'd love to trade Brooks for Collison

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well if its a trade and you get back someone like Granger or Mello its always worth it and Lowry is good enough to start. Always for a Danny Granger type, Mellow, CP3? You do the deal and involve either Brooks or Lowry in the package no doubt to get those guys. That is unquestionably the good decision. The question should have been Brooks traded from some great Allstar to go with Lowry or Keep Lowry and Brooks as the starter? In that case I choose allstar upgrade and Lowry starting..... every- single- time.