1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we make the playoffs, does anyone else feel like we could surprise a few people against the Warri

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. kanggang

kanggang Member

I can already see myself getting so angry at the refs

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, oh... You wanted a real answer? Lol, the only thing those Warriors (8th seed ones) and these Rockets have in common is... that Baron Davis and Harden both have beards. Oh and also, their team might have been an eighth seed but they were a lot more fun to watch than this current bull**** rocket ball.

And lastly they had a coach (Nelson), who's light-years ahead of JBB in rotations and you know... Actually coaching. For example, If he had Brewer he would have probably sent him to the D-League by now.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Since Kerr became HC, Rockets are 1-11 vs GS. More than half those games were 20+ point blowouts.

We don't have a snowball's chance, but knocking them off would make this season worth it. assuming JB still gets fired

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Are you coaching the Rockets? Because... No matter how good everyone is playing JBB will **** up the rotations. I couldn't care less about the (likely high) lotto pick, but unless you or even a little League coach can take over, we're ****ed.

5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Harden will break another NBA record with the most TO in playoff.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, now that'd be classic rocket's (well Les move).... If the Rockets knock off the Warriors we're stuck with JBB. FML

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets beat the Warriors in the first round, it would be the greatest upset in NBA history. I think JB's one of the worst coaches I've ever seen, and even I'd still retain him if he pulled that off.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Once we are in I feel like anything can happen. No one expected the Warriors to beat the mavs when they were 8th seed

I see the Warriors falling apart. All it really takes is steph or klay to be semi cold for the night and they are pretty much ****ed when that happens. I think after this historical season and expectations will probably get to them. Then again I think steph sold his soul to the devil so idk

9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Nothing short of a championship could bring him back....if our front office even have a clue what they are doing

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Maybe if the whole starting five tears acls and Iggy breaks his collar bone we might win a game but that's the only chance.

11. MattM

MattM Member

I think Houston was striving for 8th to get GS in the first round. GS has been playing hard all year and Houston has been coasting. GS should win of course but I think HOU takes it to at least 6 games

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

No, the many minutes for Brewer, Dwight & Terry alone will kill us. We cannot count on J.B. to play the right guys and KJ & Goudelock are not ready.

13. bearded

bearded Member

The Warriors post All-Star break are a different team. Not so much in terms of style of play but more in terms of character. They became a bit cocky and this combined with the fatigue built up towards the end of the season led to many games not getting finalized as soon as they should have leading to OT victories, close victories and some losses.

If they manage to beat the record, which is very likely now, their cockiness will be boosted. We might be able to capitalize on that.

The teams that managed to cause trouble to the Warriors in the second half of the season were those that only focused on shutting down Curry on D and just left the other guys free to make their shots. It's a gamble, but i think that, judging by the data, it was by far the best strategy against this team.

Given all the above, the last thing that I want to see if we finally manage to secure the 8th spot, is Bev chasing around Steph all over the court and getting ridiculed play after play. We have to set specific double team systems
    and we have to get James in the D mix too. I think he will be motivated to play D against the likes of Steph and Klay, and when motivated he has proven that he is capable of shutting down any opponent. (i.e Kobe)

So, to make a long story short, lets cross our fingers we make it in the playoffs, and then just concentrate on D. If we try to run and gun with the Warriors playing 1 on 1 defense it will get ugly pretty fast.

#134 bearded, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2019
  14. dwhite

dwhite Member

If the Rockets beat the GS in the first round, do we play San Antonio or Clippers next???

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Clippers or Blazers

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

7 game series coming soon! In favor of the #SwagChamps who have nothing to lose!

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

I think winning against the warriors would be the equivalent of winning a championship.
    I wouldn't even play the 2nd round at that point.

Beat the warriors, go home. *Champions.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh gawd...

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man count no sir, JBB would still get fired.

There's no way in hell Les is bringing this dude back.

By far the worst coach I've ever seen.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets beat the Warriors, they'll probably reach the WCF. They can take the Clippers or Blazers. But they're not gonna beat Golden State, so the hypothetical isn't even worth the energy.