1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we do get Webber who's team will it be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyde22, May 12, 2001.

1. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

Great players and team leaders have the ability to make the players around them better? Will Webber do that? I know he is injured but can we say that Webber has carried the Kings in the playoffs. Is he really that much of an inside presence? The Rockets have spent two seasons grooming Francis will they now expect him to defer to Webber as the team leader? Steve has the tendency to be too unselfish. Will Webber's presence stifle his offensive development, especially in crunch time? Who gets the ball with the game on the line in the fourth quarter?
    I'm at the point where it doesn't matter to me whether we get Webber or not. He is better than any of the big men we have now. Either way we will be better next year. I just want to get the maximum bang for the buck and not mortgage the farm in the process. Things aren't always as good as they seem (see; that spineless s.o.b Pippen). All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

------------------

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will still be Steve's team,because he is our point guard.

------------------

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

i say the team goes to clutch... you interested in buying it???

------------------
    "Wahooo"-homer
    I'm not only a fan but I'm also the bartender at clutchcity chat
    For the last time I'm not Tybrave!!!!!

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Reading Steve's comments in the Chronicle about next season, I will say this team belongs to Steve. It almost seems like Hakeem is leaving, Chris is on his way, and Steve will be this team's leader.

------------------