1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we are trying to trade Martin...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jhagerdorn, Aug 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

seconded

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Tony Skinn was his name and he used to play for George Mason University. He did the infamous nut punch which can be seen below as well.....lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sSCvYebtCwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

According to sources we were also after CJ Miles who just signed with the Cavs.

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

aren't we goin after m. pitreus? :p

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I guess Kanter or Favors are not in the Jazz long term plans now with this extension to Millsap....Morey need to get one of them from Utah (Kanter). Two 2nd round picks should please the Jazz IMO ;)

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Why would the Jazz trade the 3rd overall selection in the 2011 draft for 2 secone round picks? Just because there giving milsap a 3yr exstention means nothing. There developing him still.

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Favors was 3rd Overall in 2010 and the Nets gave up on him so what's your point exactly....Kyle Lowry played at a All-Star level b4 illness and got traded....this should tell you that these organizations don't care what you done or how high you was drafted your just a asset I mean movable piece :grin:

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

why wouldn't they extend Paul Milsap. He's a brilliant bench PF, and a brilliant starter for now. He can play next to Kanter, next to Favors, or he play in the 2nd unit and then he's a candidate for the 6th man of the year.

It's Al Jefferson who's the clear odd man out. He doesn't fit well with anyone except Favors (and even then it's not ideal) and he'd a very limited player in terms of team style.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

2 second round picks is his point. do you really have to ask.. :)
    everyone is tradable, but there's no reason for them to do it, unless you overpay. What you suggest is not even a robbery, idk what it is, but it's criminal.

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Why would you give Millsap 8.3 million until 2016 to be a bench player when he is clearly starting PF material. Name someone other than the Garnett's, Nowitzki's and Duncan's who has an all around game other than Millsap. Only PF who is better as an all around player right now is Josh Smith and don't say Stoudemire who is overrated.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Why would the Mavs pay Jason Terry 11 mil a year to be their 6th man not so long ago.
    Why would the Spurs pay Manu near max when he was coming off the bench a few years ago.
    Why would the Lakers pay Odom 8-9 mil to lead their bench.

Because teams don't operate with weird notions like "starting material, so he has to start".
    You have 96 minutes a game at PF/C. Plenty of minutes for 3 good big men.

Paul Milsap, 30-32 great minutes a game, at 8.3 mil a year. And you are asking why would they give him that. Because he's worth it, and more.

that's nonsense.

but either way, Paul Milsap is great. If you can extend him at 8.3 mil per, you do it in a nanosecond.

12. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

We need a backup center cause Asik is not going to play 38 mins right? So who else would you trade Martin to....Golden State for Andrins Biedrins and Klay Thompson to make salary work but the thing is Biedrins has a player option next year @ 9 million which I think he will pick up next year so both centers will make 17 million this year and next total. There is no other centers in the league I would trade for cause the other teams in the NBA are 2 Guard heavy. Maybe Nuggets would trade us Wilson Chandler and Mozgov or Koufus but like I said salaries have. Kevin O'Connor will make those 2nd Rounders work (I.e. Mo Williams, Paul Millsap , Jeremy Evans and C.J. Miles) so don't tell me O'Connor can't turn those 2nd round picks into NBA players

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i'll just say you are being extremely unrealistic.

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

And I'll just say you do not have an argument cause you can look on Hoopshype or hoopsworld and can see the teams with legitimate backup centers and you will only find three teams Max cause everyone else would want the centers they have or the teams are shooting guard packed with no need for Martin. Do some research bro

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't know what you are trying to say now.
    weren't you are arguing that the Jazz would give you Derrick Favors for 2 second round picks?

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*should be:
    i don't know what you are trying to say now.
    weren't you arguing that the Jazz would give you Derrick Favors for 2 second round picks?

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Dude I said Kanter

18. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Uthah needs a true 2 cause we all seen what Foye an Mo Williams did in Lob City year cause Donald Sterling let them go

Utah Jazz Back court:

Mo Williams, Jamaal Tinsley, Earl Watson, Randy Foye, Raja Bell (didn't agree to buyout), Alec Burks and Gordon Hayward (only reason I included him was because Marvin Williams will play the three now) so like I said they need a true shooting guard or else they will get ate up in the West by Kobe, Manu, E. Gordon, Oj Mayo, Martin and others.

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Or just do Martin and Patterson for Jefferson

Lin, Lamb, Parsons, Motiejunas and Jefferson

Machado, Douglas, White, Jones and Asik to me is a playoff team

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

milsap is a BEAST, guy can shoot, rebound, they even put him at SF and he overmatches most players at that position. Most underrated PF in the west aside from scola