1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Thing Go Right in 2024...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Marshall Bryant, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Marshall Bryant

In Michigan, it takes three lefts and an extra 15 minutes to go right...

It also takes three rights and another hour to go left. Their interchanges SUCK.

#21 Marshall Bryant, Jun 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  2. Marshall Bryant

LOL!!! I give his LOL THREE exclamation points.

3. Marshall Bryant

LOL!!!!

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Great explanation

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

;)Let's go Right in 2024 ! :cool:

6. solid

solid Member

I want the Texans to go all the way, but I have never seen a hype train like the one they are riding. There are so many variables in a long football season. Injuries are a key factor, but there are many others. Look at the Astros. Who would have predicted their lack luster season? The talent looked to be there, but they can't seem to put it together. I am much more cautious about the Texans season. Interviews and YouTubes don't a season make. Let's see. Let's take it game by game. CJ has surely set a record for interviews and seems like he has gotten caught up in the media frenzy. I hope he doesn't believe all the things they are saying about him. Stay grounded, stay focused, play the game.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m trying so hard to stay grounded myself…

And I know the expectations are high. But damnit we deserve something magical. It’s been 21 years with like 4 exciting seasons, and the bad seasons were absolutely abysmal. We were at an all-time love very recently. The football gods need to give us something, anything, for once.

8. Marshall Bryant

That's like asking the scorpion not to sting.

9. Marshall Bryant

HOF Game - With little incentive to play Starters, I believe we are likely to win handily due to our depth, which I believe is our greatest strength.

As great as our drafting has been, our off season FA pick-ups have been better.

10. Buck Turgidson

It won't if you don't **** with it.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s more people take offense to direct answers. If you answer people with their own energy, they play victim.
    Buck is the worst at it. Complete troll

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes its reputation. I didn't know which cmoak I was responding to that day. Your second response gave me indication I was in the wrong there so I left it alone.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I only answer with the same energy given. I don’t take offense to anything said. Or get “worked up”. This is an Internet forum talking about sports, passion is expected. It has no bearing in the real world lol

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Sometimes my friends will get on me for being too passionate (usually negatively) about an astros/Texans/rockets game in the text group. A lot of people come here as an outlet to discuss Houston sports with that passion (and knowledge of the people your are discussing with). Can it get out of hand some-MOST-times? Yes. But it’s also understandable.. it’s the internet, and my friends don’t always share the passion.

15. Marshall Bryant

I want to see the game for:
    1. Depth
    2. New Kickoff

16. Marshall Bryant

I'm not enamored with Allen. Is this direct enough? But i thought LOL presumes disagreement without the need for explanation. It's like saying I'm in on the sarcasm.

17. Marshall Bryant

I want to see

1. A healthy OL.
    2. A healthy DL
    3. A healthy Stingley
    4. A living Horton.

18. Nick

Nick Member

[​IMG]

If there was one faction not giving into the "hype" it would be the still unfathomable fact that the Texans don't have any 3pm main DH game this season... (and have had only one in their existence as a franchise). Left column.

That time slot seems to be the league's/network's unofficial litmus test of who they believe are the best and most watchable teams. They do spread around the SNF and MNF to all other teams and playoff participants... but there are no such distribution rules on the main DH game. I think the Texans are certainly more watchable than Cincy (who gets two of these games... then again, they're playing KC and Philly).

Detroit also heavily featured and the Texans are somewhat on their trajectory (meaning a successful year this season... and they're gettin those Detroit spotlight type games next year).

ROCKSS and texans1095 like this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

I really don’t care. I get to watch every Texans game here in Tennessee. Win in the playoffs and it will all change. With CJ, the Texans can someday become media darlings, but to tell you the truth I’m not sure that’s a good thing. The “media” has lost all conscious when it comes to objective reporting on all fronts.

A_3PO likes this.