1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If these teams had their players in their primes who would be the best right now today?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Wickity45, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Brand/Dirk would be one hell of a low post duo. Brand was a monster before the injury.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Timberwolves without a doubt.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

I think the Knicks would be pretty damn good as well as the Mavs

4. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Mavs aren't getting alot of love here, but that would be a sick squad. VC in his prime was a flat out baller. Marion could do it all, and Brand was a solid 20/10 guy. And of course Dirk is an MVP in his prime. And with Kaman who was very good in his prime would give Dallas the best frontcourt of all these teams with Dirk/Brand/Marion/Kaman.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Right. I hate giving any Mavs props, but per fit together and considering primes, the Mavs are one hell of a team. Brand was a REALLY good player early on and would fit great next to Dirk. Marion at the 3, playing great defense, running the floor and hitting threes, VC one of the best scorers in the league and don't forget about Fisher in his prime running the point for that team as well. Sure, not a great player, but a great fit on a great team.. leader... defense... and good shooter. I would put that team up against any one of the others.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I still go with the spurs. Heat will not be able to play small ball, especially when you have players like Duncan, KG in their prime.

But man, lakers team, on paper still looks good this season.

7. joepu

joepu Member

After seeing the other responses, I don't think Heat will even be top 3. Sure Lebron is dominating now but against the other players who were also superstars in their time, the difference is not that big. You also have to consider that their next 2 best players play the same position.

Lakers
    Knicks
    Mavs
    Celtics
    Spurs
    Heat

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Can't believe I'm the only one that thinks the Spurs would win.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I hate the Spurs but prime Tim Duncan is the best player out of all of them. The Spurs would have the best defense. I think the spurs would be the best team.

10. arjun

arjun Member

Lakers
    Knicks
    Heat

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

1.Celtics
    2.Spurs....Even though Tim Duncun owned Garnett in his prime I think Paul would be too much for them along with the other players.
    3.Mavericks, are third because lack of defense.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Heat then Boston. Pierce and Garnet almost beat the prime Heat last year and the Heat are in their prime. I would actually like to give the Celtics the advantage on this unless if Lebron plays like he did last year's playoff run.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

As much as I dislike them, I'd have to say the Spurs. Their players complement each other so well and their role players know exactly what is expected of them. It goes to show how great of a coach Popovich is, even though I think he's Satan.

You can have all the stars on one team if you want. It's another thing for them to understand how to play off one another. There's only one ball.

14. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I want to say the Lakers, but they have great talent right now and are not playing that well. Maybe the Knicks also, a prime J Kidd to go with current Melo and a prime Stoudemire/ Sheed Wallace

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its either the Heat because you can't argue with a prime Dwade and Lebron plus you add in Allen, Lewis, Bosh, and Battier... But the Knicks are really good too with JKidd and all those bigs they have in their prime but the Knicks are well past their primes. If this was maybe 10 years ago, then the Knicks would be a beast...

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think Lakers would be that version of the current Heat team. Really top heavy with the most premiere talents then thin depth, but the talent alone could do things. I'd put PRIME Jamison as the starting stretch 4 next to Dwight. Gasol backing both frontcourt spots who could be top 5 in the league in any of those spots, Blake and Duhon at the 2.

Then Knicks and Celtics (How SURPRISING, the 3 BIGGEST MARKETS?). The Heat would be in that mix, probably 2nd best. Would be matchup nightmare squad depending on what you do with Lebron and so many versatile players who can handle the rock, score and defend. They wouldnt need a true point guard or true center.

The darkhorse (huh, horse literally) would be the Mavericks. Thatd be a good balanced starting unit. Prime Brand and Marion would be excellent complements to Dirk on D. VC would be as good as anyone. Then you have Fisher with his championship experience used to playing besides volume scoring elite 2 guards...then Kaman who actually was an All-Star, then Mayo and Collison

Would like to give Spurs some respects. But after Duncan, there's talents on other teams better than the ones on the Spurs. Kidd and Nash over Parker, Kobe and D-Wade over Manu, and there's not enough on their roster after that.

#36 Shroopy2, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Dec 10 Lin
    Nov 2 Harden
    Nov 23 Parsons
    Nov 28 Patterson
    Nov 27 Asik

18. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Imma have to go with spurs .. They have the best team chemistry in the nba