1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If there were to be a NBA re-draft, would you take TMac at #1 overall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, May 14, 2005.

?

Would you spend your #1 overall redraft pick on TMac if there were one?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. No

114 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

who the hell is Rodrick Rhodes, i hope that is not how we use this year's pick.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Lebron
    Duncan
    Kobe/Tmac
    KG

Lebron is already so badass and has 8 years on duncan that i can use to get the right team around him. duncan is the best in the league right now. when duncan and shaq go, the dominant big man who can trump the swingmen will be gone and kobe and tmac are the two best after lebron. i'm a big kg fan but there have always been questions of just how valuable he is and his ability to take over a game at the end (questions the other 4 don't have). this season certainly hasn't helped.

then wade, then amare. unless amare gets fat and drugged up like kemp, he's going to dominate for a long time. that speed/athleticism/strength combo that he has is almost impossible to match.

as for wade shooting more airballs than anyone? good Lord. wth are you talking about? yeah i'm sure he shot 48% with the most airballs in the league. he doesn't have a 3 point shot but has a very nice mid range jumper. plenty of guys drive to the basket, they don't all shoot 48%. and he just put up 42 w/o shaq. granted it was against the wizards, but he was phenomenal, and was in the other game without shaq. and the heat were apparently 6-3 w/o shaq this year, most likely because of wade. he's the complete physical package and has a willingness and ability to pass at least tied w/ tmac and probably only trailing lebron in terms of superstar scorers. and he is money at crunch time. it's a shame i hate shaq, and thus the heat, b/c i could definitely learn to root for him. luckily, shaq will be gone in a few years.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

who tf?

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

http://www.ukfans.net/jps/uk/rhodes.html

He showed flashes of brilliance (I say, flashes....). I do remember one great game he had vs the Bulls. But that's about it.

Rhoades seemed to have the physical tools to be a whole lot better. He never used those tools.

#45 DavidS, May 15, 2005
    Last edited: May 15, 2005
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Poor b*stard.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Ouch! A forecast of this year's pick?:rolleyes:

God, how stinky the Rockets have been the past few years in taking advantage of their picks. They only succeeded when they had an OBVIOUS selection in Yao Ming, otherwise they gave up the likes of Joel Pryzbilla (for Jason Collier:rolleyes: ) and gave up Richard Jefferson (a 23 ppg scorer this season) for Eddie Griffin, only to turn around and lose EG in the process. They selected Rhodes in the first round.

It could be simply a streak of bad luck, but I am not very optimistic about our draft pick this year. I can only wish that JVG will reverse our draft curse.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Rodrick Rhodes was a very talented defensive player and, in the Christmas Day game DavidS alluded to, he closed down Michael Jordan as well as anyone had before or since. He sucked on offense, but he would still be playing if it weren't for attitude problems and a poor work ethic. At the time, the pick made perfect sense.

9. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

To find out about Rhodes you need look no further than this Clutch BBS.

Rodrick Rhodes

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Duncan puts you in title contention for the next 5-6 years. No other player guarantees that. Maybe Amare becomes the next Shaq, or maybe he is an athletic finisher that relies on having an MVP point guard and a team that scores 110+ ppg to inflate his stats. Maybe LeBron becomes the next Oscar Robertson/Magic Johnson, or maybe he follows the career path of the last couple of guys that were touted as the next Magic Johnson (Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway). Duncan is the "bird in the hand" pick. LeBron is the "two in the bush" pick.

I would not bet on Amare ever winning a title. If he does, it will not be with himself as the best player on the team. Right now, he has Nash (the MVP of the league) and Marion. There is a reason that Amare shot 56% on the season, and it isn't his sweet jumper. Unless he can get 8 shots right at the rim every game, his production will not be at this level. People are letting his performance against the no D Mavericks fool them. Pre-Nash his shooting percentage was .47x both seasons. Without Nash this year he shot 48% in 7 games. That is with Phoenix's fast breaking style. Amare is a mirage. When Nash breaks down, he will be exposed. He is not the player that Yao is, let alone the player that Duncan is.