1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If there really is no Asik trade...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

What if that reserve is never met? Even at the deadline? Do you eventually take what the market dictates for your overvalued item? Or just let it sit there and keep putting good money into it and get nothing out of it? Does Les eventually step in after writing those checks for nothing and say move him for whatever you can get?

Now that there is no trade, does Asik buy in and play for us? If not, other teams will come with similar offers at the deadline knowing we have no leverage. So, at that time, take what you can get for him. I guess we will see what happens next in this turkish saga

2. sweetcat

sweetcat Member

I'm happy that right now this team has good 2 centers . Most of the teams don't have that luxury .

But he will go free in 1.5 years and rockets will get nothing in return ...

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm sure he'll be grateful if he walks away an NBA champion, and even if his contract expires, the Rockets will have his Bird Rights.

They could potentially work out a sign and trade scenario for Love, for example, so that Minny wouldn't have to go empty handed as well.

Just throwing crazy things out there.

4. 6thward

6thward Rookie

withhold his salary

If Asik is going to be a pouter, withhold his salary for breech of contract.

5. 6thward

6thward Rookie

asik killing me

I am just so super disappointed with the way Asik is screwing us over. I want some payback on this punk. FYI- I loved Asik last year, this seems the opposite of him

6. afk

afk Member

What if there was no Asik trade talks in the first place...?

7. bongman

bongman Member

If Asik does not show the other NBA teams he is worthy of being a starting center, he wont get traded or sign another contract. He will be playing in China or Europe in 2 years. It is in his best interest to play well. Asik knows he needs the team more than we need him. That is our leverage.

8. treeman

treeman Member

If I pretend that he hasn't been here sulking on the bench all along, and that he's willing to earn his money, I can think of this as in, we just traded for Omer Asik to back up Dwight then I'd be quite happy. Why? Because we haven't had a backup for Dwight, because either Omer has been sulking on the bench or wearing a suit, or he's been half-a$$ing it on the court. And several games this season having a backup for Dwight would have really come in handy.

[bIF[/b] Omer decides it's in his best interests to play his a$$ off and earn his money in whatever minutes he gets - and it is in his interest to do so - then this will be a good move... or non-move, whatever. But if he continues his bad behavior, then I really don;t know what to say about him. I'd try and recoup some money if I were the team.