1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Toyota Center could be as loud as AT&T center or even American Airlines in Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Nov 30, 2013.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Maybe if they weren't so ****ing expensive more people would go. I was in town and wanted to get a ticket to the nets game and a seat that would cost me $35 in Denver was $500 in houston, **** that

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are plenty of cheap tickets. Just go on flash seats. A lot of the time I see so many empty seats. I know they aren't all at that bar because I don't see enough people to account for the empty seats.

Houston has pretty terrible basketball fans.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

At the nets game, like 8 people sitting in my row didn't even show up until half time....

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

People always complain about the lower bowl being empty, but those seats are very expensive. Not directing this at any of you, but I think it's interesting that a lot of Houston people complain about the empty seats but don't buy tickets themselves.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Cheapest seat I could find was $70 and that was the last rowin the stadium. Like I said, the "cheap seats" I buy in denver are still good seats, 15 -25 rows up and midcourtish. I'm not paying close to $100 to have a terrible seat. Let along 400-500, it's absurd.

6. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

They are too expensive. I can only afford to go to one or two games a year. I try to make it worth it when I go.

7. KlutchQT

Then they leave early to "beat traffic." :rolleyes: The number of people who flooded the exits at the beginning of overtime vs. Toronto was astounding. Like, do you realize the game is not over?? What REALLY pissed me off was the number of people racing for the exit before Game 6 of the playoffs was over. Yeah, it was clear we weren't coming back, but come on. Nobody even expected us to sniff the playoffs at the beginning of last season, we've extended a series against the #1 seed to 6 games, and you seriously can't sacrifice a few minutes in traffic to applaud these guys? Really, really pathetic.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Some of the people are not real fans and are just there using tickets that their corporations have as season ticket holders. But, doesn't seem like a valid excuse because all teams have that. I don't understand the lackluster support, either. I thought it would be different when Howard came along to join up with Lin and Harden. It's hard to have a team much better than the one we have now to cheer for. We haven't seen this since Hakeem, Thorpe, Drexler, and company. It's depressing seeing all the empty seats and the lack of enthusiasm outside of the red rowdies. I mean how the hell can there be so many lower level seats that are empty throughout the game? Surely, those tickets are sold. But, where are the peeps that are supposed to be in them? I would kill (metaphorically speaking) for those seats I see empty! Les and Morey deserve better for all the work they did putting this team together.

#28 Surfguy, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was able to pick up 6 tickets for about $200 total on flash to Fridays game last minute.

You just have to look.

Even rockets.com tickets are about $40 a pop, to a non stud team, if you buy them in advance.

Beauty of tc is that even upper bowl tickets are nice. Unlike when I caught rockets games in SA, their upper bowl sucked.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

ppl cheer louder for the cheesy timeout skits than the actual gameplay sometimes

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

OMG GIRL DID YOU SEE THAT KISS CAM OMG AAHHHHHH

OMG DID YOU SEE THAT FAT KID FALL WEARING A BURGER SUIT OMG AHHHHH

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

This is somewhat true. I got 12th row club seats, sideline at the Warriors gm for $80. Rockets tickets are too expensive, especially for a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just looked at y'all's site to compare

Same section and similar seats of a nuggets game vs a rockets game is $28 vs $100.

It's really out of control. I can afford to go to 10+ nuggs game a year while I can go to maybe 2 rockets games.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don' know, The AAC is more posh than the TC although I think the arena in the TC is a better place to actually watch the games than the arena at the AAC because of the way the seats are in the lower bowl. I've been in the suites at the AAC and they are exceptionally nice. I have never been in a suite at the TC so I have no way to compare the two.

I couldn't tell which arena had more people in it and I think both games were considered sell outs. It takes Rockets fans a little longer to get into their seats when the game starts. I saw the Clippers game on a Saturday at the TC and I saw the Rockets game at the AAC in the middle of the week but the AAC still filled up much quicker than the TC.

I just think the Rockets fans have been so jaded over the years since Hakeem that they are waiting for some real play-off success for evidence that this team isn't just a big tease like so many of the Yao/TMac teams turned out to be. Of course those are just the casual fans.

The Hardcore fans are going to support their team regardless and will jump at any sign that their team is turning into a legit contender. That is pretty much me.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Upper Bowl tickets are good relative to other arenas but still suck compared to lower bowl. I went from upper to lower this year for half-season, paid much more, but they are much better. I'd never pay nearly a 100 for 2 tix in the upper bowl again. Waste of money.

Rockets tickets are getting very costly.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That is absolutely zero excuse. In Dallas it is Football 1st and that includes College and and High School followed by Baseball. The city still supports the Mavs in a major way both at the games AND with tons of basketball talk on the Radio.

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

At the Knicks game last season my friend and I were in the club seats section 119 cheering very loud, the two guys next to us was never into it, looked a bit annoyed, and disappeared after the first quarter.

Guess it's impolite to make noise in Houston or they went home for leftover turkey lol...

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Most of the lower bowl seats are bought and paid for. The rich dudes just don't bother to sit down because they are hanging out in the club area.

19. KlutchQT

I have to say, I think this is a myth. I have season tickets in the lower bowl/West Club, and there are rarely people just hanging out in the club during the game. The bar is packed just before the game, between quarters, and at the half. Other than that, it's pretty much a ghost town.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Corporations buy a lot of those club seats. Like a lot, I'd say 70% of corporations buy season tickets in club seats.

You're getting people who had to be ASKED to go to the game, not people that willingly go.

I get tickets to the Astros, free and often, club seats. I go to the game rarely and leave early. I'm one of those guys there, and this is the same for them but the Rockets.

Not many people can afford season tickets or afford $350 per game + food/drinks that often. My corporation has about a dozen tickets in club seats per game. All in 3 different sections, 4 seats each.

My other buddy at a bank says his managing director gets about 2 tickets every game from the his own boss, and usually gives it out to whoever wants but sometimes just goes cause no one else is.

A big bank like JP or Goldman can afford to pay 150k for a variety of tickets or more and pass them out to higher mgmt that visit, etc. That's "entertainment" expenses. Heck they fly Business from Dallas to Houston, I mean that are of the market is always covered.

Those guys you talk about are more than likely one of these people.