1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

If the Spurs and Heat had all players in their primes,who do you think would win the finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Wickity45, Jun 5, 2013.

Tags:
?

All in their primes:Spurs/Heat in the finals,who wins?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2013.
  1. Heat

79 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Spurs

169 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

You do know that in the playoffs, when Tracy was "The Man" of the team, his ppg actually increased? I'm just counting the years between 1999-2008 as he was an important player, not a role player getting sparing minutes as he is today, he has averages of 28.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 6.2 apg. His individual play was simply amazing. The problem was his team was never up to par ( starting lineups with Rafer Alston/Darrel Armstrong, Chuck Hayes, Ryan Bowen with players such as Luther Head getting important minutes, yikes) or injured ( Yao, Juwan Howard and Bob Sura in 04-05).

But to answer the real question, I have to go with the Spurs. They have a complete team, more so that the Heat. Heat have more collective talent, but only 5 players play at a time and a lineup with Parker, Ginobilli, TMac, Duncan, and Splitter is the best lineup either team can make. Then add in Pop and his mastery of offense and defense, then it's pretty scary what that team could do.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Ginobli in his prime would destroy the Heat defenders as Parker would (will in this series). Bosh is in his prime and is horrible.

Spurs.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Interesting question.

How do you defend prime Duncan if you are Heat? Juwan Howard was nice but Duncan would probably have one of him 25-17-5-5 series here with some near quadruple doubles.
    The Spurs could even start prime Diaw instead of Splitter and spread the floor around Duncan, letting him work inside and just score or pass. Parker-Manu-TMac-Diaw-Duncan would be a better passing team than any we have ever seen.

Prime Wade-Ray Allen-LeBron-Bosh-Juwan Howard with Lewis and Miller off the bench = a ton of talent, maybe even more than the Spurs one.
    But Duncan would be an unstoppable force vs that team and own the paint.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*his*

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Yes, much more scary than Tmac and Yao in their prime.

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Unfortunately for the Spurs, LEBRON JAMES is in his prime right now as we speak and he's a weapon of mass destruction.

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

LeBron can guard Duncan. From a size perspective they aren't that much different. Duncan has about 2-3 inches on LeBron and they weight about the same.

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This core of the Spurs went toe to toe against a Lakers team that composed of a Prime Shaq and Kobe, two players in the top 10 of all time. Tony Parker has become so much better since then.

While the Heat has an impressive collection of individual talents, the core of their talent is redundant: Wing players who play off the dribble (Ray Allen with the Bucks/Sonics wasn't the spot up shooter he is today).

Individual talent: Advantage Heat

Team play/balance/chemistry: Advantage Spurs

Spurs in 7.

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Also, Pop >>>>>>>> Spo

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I doubt it. LeBron is smaller than most defenders Duncan met in the playoffs in his prime. He destroyed K-Mart who was about the size of LeBron or a bit bigger and more used to defending centers.

I think Juwan Howard is a much better choice, tbh. Bigger and very good defensively. Still would get killed by Duncan in a game where double teams aren't really feasible.

Duncan is a legit 7 footer with pretty long arms and just a BAMF.

11. Fefo

Fefo Member

This is really ignorant. Have u ever seen tim duncan play?. And im not talking about this timmy, who is old and slow ( would still dcore at will at lebron). Im talking about prime time duncan, 2003 version. He would completely destroy lebron on that side. He wass stronger, and his lengh and arm size advantage is huge. He would put 30ppg on him easily and would need double or triple team just to not get abussed.

12. VBG

VBG Member

I like the Spurs top 4 better.

Parker
    Manu
    T-Mac
    Duncan

vs

Wade
    Ray Allen
    Lebron
    Bosh

but after that the Heat have an advantage. Juwon was solid. Mike Miller. Shane Battier. Rashard Lewis. Even Udonis Haslem could do things.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is really an interesting one. I think it is very close.

The Heat has so many washed up stars they'd be like an all-star team with everyone in his prime.

But then a team with Duncan, McGrady, Ginobili, and Parker all in their prime is pretty hard to beat.

Also, if you are talking about prime, what about the young players who are still developing? How good would they be in their future prime?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Young Tmac didn't want to play with his cousin Vince Carter because Vince was getting too much ESPN love and Dunk highlights

Young Juwan Howard couldn't get Washington out of the cellar with his pal Chris Webber

Fitting they both were together in Orlando / Houston.

Juwan has managed to stay in the league long enough to strike gold with LeBron James.

LeBron, we don't even know if he's reached his prime. He's going to Hakeem Olajuwon and learning how to post up.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I had to wrestle with this one also.

I just viewed them at their current level; in which case, Leonard/Splitter/Green/Neal tops Battier/Chalmers/Birdman/Cole. At least in my estimation.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

If Lakers are allowed to have their primes:

Kobe
    Gasol
    Howard
    Nash
    Artest
    Jamison

They could beat both teams.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like how people don't factor in

Chemistry
    Personalities

Didn't this year's Lakers or even the Pippen/Barkley/Dream Rockets tell you something that these two things are important?

Don't you realize you can't put Iverson and Marbury on the same team?

18. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Prime Kobe would run Howard out of town like he did with the original Superman. :p

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

The Heat have Mario Chalmers

/thread

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I think I'm a much bigger fan of TP than most people in this thread. I think he is a better player than Allen or Bosh in their primes.