1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets Don't make a Move, Will you still Follow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 6, 2009.

?

If the Rockets don't make a move, will you still follow?

1. Yes

413 vote(s)
    92.2%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Hello, yes, what else do you do? follow the lakers? The rockets are my home team of the NBA, there is not much choice except following them, and hoping that they are not going to be very bad in the next year.

2. trainwreck

trainwreck Member

He'll or high water!!! I bleed rockets red!!!! Go Rockets!!!!!

3. herro

herro Member

if you say no you should find an exit

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'll always follow these guys.

The only way my fandom goes into temporary hibernation is if
    (a) the Rockets bring in a truly vile jerk that is the antithesis of Yao (a team of Zach Randolphs)
    (b) Les goes Drayton on us and insults the fanbase by "paying just enough to win just enough" to keep the tickets selling

Thankfully, the NBA's lux tax + payroll minimum (barely more than a $20M gap between the two) makes it tough to end up with a league of haves and have-nots.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

My following and checking of this site will go down. It won't stop... but if I feel like there is no post season shot, then why bother? I'll still check the scores, but I won't be happy.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You started this poll and call urself a fan?

rockets fan for life.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly what I hope doesn't happen. I hope Les and Morey don't read the GARM...

And yes, I agree wholeheartedly with the “insulting the fanbase” characterization. That’s exactly what they would be doing.

8. dassig

dassig Member

if you don't follow, get off this site

9. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Even if we make no more moves, I can't imagine this team will be any harder to watch than the Francis/Mobley isolation era.

Besides, when you struggle through the crap seasons, it makes the triumphant ones that much sweeter.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

will still follow them, like checking out game results, news etc, but i wont look forward to watching them like i did last season. tho im actually looking forward to see how ariza plays.

11. AB#0

AB#0 Member

What kind of question is this??

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only way I stop following the Rockets is if they move .... out of town. If they don't make a move, I don't care - I'll still be watching them.

13. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Being a fan of a team does not mean rooting for them only when they're really, really good. It means sticking by them through thick and thin. The lean times only make the good times taste sweeter.

This team has only 1 playoff series win over the last 3 seasons, but I'm more proud of this team now than any time since we were hanging banners at the Summit.

1 person likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think I would be less cranky when the Rockets rebuild rather than have my expectations crushed like a star player's knee/foot/back.

No way I'm not following the team.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...I do hate the "we need to make a big splash this offseason" frenzy followed by the "we are going to suck this year" frenzy when we don't that goes on every offseason. I'll be watching the Rockets forever regardless. My earliest memories are of the Bill Fitch coached Rockets and I even vaguely remember Olajuwon playing college ball(I was 5 at the time)!

For the record, Houston is much better positioned this year even if we have a "down" year and somehow end up in the lottery. I like our GM, or players, our coach - I feel like any step back we take right now is only a small step to make a bigger leap in 2010. Maybe I'm crazy, but this organization is one of the very best in the league(and miles better than it used to be) and those types of teams always manage to stay competitive over the long haul.

16. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

This thread is a joke, right?

OF COURSE we will follow our team!!!

17. Raven

Raven Member

The best move they could make is not making another move.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

what? battier's staying on a lottery-bound team while his trade value plummets???

not wise. not wise

19. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

I will always watch and support the Rockets, no matter what happens. They may be down for now but Les will not allow our team to compete. If there is a big move to make, he will do it but if a big move is not made this summer or in the summer of 2010, I will still support my team. Sad to say that most people in Houston who say they are "fans" of the Rockets have already gave up on them the minute they heard Yao was injured for the season.

20. 3ston

3ston Member

Hellz yeah ima check out the season!! I think the rox have the potential to surprise the league next season..