1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If teams are tanking for Wemby the Rockets should....?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 5, 2022.

?

What would you do as teams position themselves to tank for Wemby/Henderson

Poll closed Dec 7, 2022.
  1. A. Take advantage of those rolling the dice on very low odds.

50 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. B. Tank with them - let's take our shot too

143 vote(s)
    74.1%
  1. Ancient Moabite

It's going to be hard not to be in the Wemby / lottery discussion when you are just starting year 2 of a tear the house down rebuild

rebuild is the code word for tanking

but they will be more competitive and should win more games and not have the worst record overall, but in the 5 to 7 worst record area and hopefully try to get a top 5 pick or higher if super lucky, and then play it wise in that upcoming free agent class, or trade options to upgrade

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think they will be that bad. There are some, not me, already mentioning playoffs. I think they will make the play-in.

3. Ancient Moabite

No doubt it's always good to go best case scenario, it's just what it is, year 2 of a rebuild, nothing more nor less

you always should shoot for high goals with a young talented squad, just growing pains are inevitable but i feel they will be improved compared to last season w-l record

it's also why i think Stone said come back and check on the Harden trade/rebuild in 10 years, because he knows it's going to take at least 3 years of lottery / tank picks plus shrewd GM moves in between and hopefully the opening up of the Tilman wallet$ to keep those guys in tow if they pan out to be what they hope them to be ie. all - star / nba caliber pieces

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are a possible Play-in team, if so they will be picking 3 - 7, which will take them out of the Wembanyama Sweepstakes but this guy would be a good fall back

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he becomes an essential piece on offense, we can tolerate his defensive deficiency. Plenty of offensive stars are like that. The key for Sengun is to achieve offensive stardom to be a net positive for the starting lineup. And to do that is to have a reliable shot from range.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member