1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Rockets do NOT get a top 4 pick.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 28, 2021.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Chet is probably better than all these guys and Emoni definitely is so it wouldn't be the end of the world really. The tank rolls on.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your thread is a good one, better than most threads here actually as it asks a pretty relevant question. What if we don't land a top 4 pick? That's a big yikes and there should be a plan B. I just think there isn't a realistic chance we can then trade a mid-round pick for a young player with all-star potential.

Plan B I think should be to just draft as well as you can with the picks you have and kick the ball to next season. Not much else you really can do. Spending some of our draft capital for a young star could just ruin our future...unless that young star is one of those franchise young stars like Zion, Morant, Doncic, who won't be on the trading block anyway.

So Plan B is just draft well, acquire more assets, and wait till the next draft. Until you have a superstar player all you can do is acquire nice young players like Tate and KJ Martin.

I'd also say just ignore the aggressive posters, this place has been hella toxic lately, even moreso than the D&D and that's saying something.

bigmatt482 and Roc Paint like this.
  3. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Hypothetical...If okc winds up at #3 and we end up at #5 post lottery, what happens?

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

If we don't get the top 4 pick, we still get A PICK! IT'S JUST A LOWER PICK.

I forgot you are basic! So, let me slow it down for you
    WE...WILL...GET...THREE...FIRST....ROUND....PICKS....NO.....MATTER....WHAT!!!

EVEN....IF....WE....DO....NOT....PICK....IN....THE....TOP....4.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

OKC gets #3 AND #5 then, the Heat are involved, OKC would then get two of the best three picks.

We'd get the Heat's pick.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm sure Presti sleeps extremely well every night knowing he got that sweet sweet revenge against the Rockets for the Harden trade.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

You get Miami’s pick which will likely be out of the lottery

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

You’re seriously an idiot. In this scenario you likely end up with a non lottery pick. Not your 8,9 like you were trying to say. You’re using caps for no reason. Especially when you’re the one who doesn’t get the simple concept for another dumb thread

DatRocketFan likes this.
  9. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Ahh ok. So okc owns that Miami pick. Preciate the heads up

YOLO likes this.
  10. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Got ya. Thanks bruv

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't hate.

Patrick is learning the ropes on clutch fans

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOU IDIOT! Go back and read or have someone read it for you before you start posting.

I CLEARLY said, if we do not get the #4 pick, then what is Plan B, if we get #8, #9 OR WHATEVER PICK!!

WHICH MEANS WHATEVER THAT PICK WILL BE.

We do not know yet because the lottery hasn't taken place. When it does, then we will know. I was asking in GENERAL YOU IDIOT

Little Bit likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Youre not getting 8,9 dummy. You don’t need the lottery to tell you that idiot. Anything else? Im sure there is since youll probably post another dumb thread like you have been

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP’s thread in a nutshell: if we don’t get a top 4 pick, I’d trade our non-lottery picks that I think will actually be mid-lotto for MPJ or Siakam

Why Denver would ever trade MPJ for the 8th pick even if that was a possible scenario or what will likely be our 16th or 17th pick in actuality, the world will never know. People like OP never question why the other team would do such a dumb trade.

15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

moan

xiki likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The problem is the probability of us getting the #8 or #9 pick is pretty much 0.
    If our pick is outside of the top 4, we get the lowest-ranked of ours, Miami's, and OKC's pick. This will probably be the Miami pick.
    If our pick is in the top-4, we keep it.

burlesk, Adiano-Malko and YOLO like this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

ahahaha imagine doubling down on this

Invisible Fan and xiki like this.
  18. ballgame

ballgame Member

I understand where the Rockets will be if they do not obtain a Top 4 pick, which is they will get Miami's pick.

Don't put emphasis on 8, 9 but more so on whatever. I just threw out those numbers because, we don't know what the draft order will be until the lottery.

Furthermore, I said IF that the case, what would be your PLAN B? Simple

19. thekad

thekad Member

Take your L and go to sleep buddy.

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Why? Ask OKC why they traded Harden? Ask the Texans why they traded D-Hop?

Circumstances dictate situations. First of all Lowry is a FA this yr, Toronto is in transition and it's hard to attract FAs to go there....so if someone is offering 2 or 3 FRPs why not?

Regarding MPJ, they just paid the Joker, Murray is about to get paid and they have Gordon.....they are not in a large market, someone has to go. So why not trade him before his contract is due?

CIRCUMSTANCES