1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Robinson can give this team 7-10 rebounds a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by utgrad97, Feb 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He's worth his playing time. Biggest weakness the Rockets have is a 2nd rebounder to go with Asik.

2. gengar

gengar Member

I'd rather have a big man who can finish in the paint. Because Asik can't do it so we need at least 1 player who can.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Small ball has worked pretty well the last couple games.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

DMo lead Europe in rebounding last year too, so he can probably help and he is a legit 7 footer.

Let Robinson get his feet under him and see what others can do first.

DD

5. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

If Robinson gets 25-30 minutes a game, he will get 7-10 rebounds. This was proven by science, Stephen Hawking and Carrie Mathison.

1 person likes this.
  6. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I liked what DMo did offensively tonight, he was huge. He was very weak in getting rebounds.

1 person likes this.
  7. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I'd say Asik is doing a fine job of scoring.

8. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Would have been a blowout had the Rockets not given up 14 offensive rebounds, they have a need.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Once Asik takes a seat, out rebounding goes to ****. Robinson is perfect for coming off the bench for 20-25 minutes and giving his all and rebounding. If he does his role his offense will come and he could be the real power forward we've been looking for.

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Would have been less if McHale would actually, you know, play the existing PFs we have instead of Carlos Delfino at the 4 for stretches.

11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Totally agree, bring him off the bench to give the 2nd unit a guy who's primary job is to rebound.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Delfino and Lin were grabbing Greg Smiths rebounds, we need TRob bad

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can tell you like his game. Im just glad you haven't endorsed him yet. We all know what happens when you profess your love for Rocket players.

1 person likes this.
  14. QazQay

QazQay Member

Our 4's aren't supposed to rebound much in our game. On offense they stay at the 3pt line and on D they are supposed to run back to score on the fast break in our fastpaced system while Asik gobbles up the rebounds.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Quit the mchale hate Charles. Coach is doing a great job this yr and if u haven't noticed dmo is as flat footed as they come he seem like he jumps as high as scola. Which is not high at all. I like the guys offensive game alot and think he can be a great player for us off the bench but I don't ever see him becoming a starting pf on this team. I kno you have to give him time but the stuff u can teach he's already pretty good at its the stuff you can't teach that he's not very good at. This is a problem but we did jut get one of the more athletic pfs in the league in Trob so I'm not to worried about it. Robinson is our pf of the future his game just fits to perfect with what were doing on the offensive and defensive end. Once the game slows down for him he'll be a 12 rebound type guy. And on defense e has the size and length to block hits and cover alot of ground with his lateral quickness. E should be able to help out on pick n rolls and still get back to his man easy. If e gets a mid range jumper then watch out the sky's the limit could be an Allstar if that happens.

I like a lineup of

Lin
    Beard
    Parsons
    Trob
    Asik

Going foward if Trob can do what I think he can and can get to around 18-20 ppg the were the team to beat out west in 2 yrs.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Basketball is not just about numbers. You gain in one area, you have to sacrifice in another. Robinson is a rookie and as such hugely likely to be minus defender. He's horrible in the paint, getting a ton of his shots blocked. He is turnover prone. He can't stretch the court like Delfino or DMo. In essence, the Rockets give up EVERYTHING ELSE just for the sake of rebounding if they put TRob in there right now.

Give him some time to practice with the team, understand the sets, start off with bench minutes, and see how quickly he learns.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think I read that article on eurekalert.org next to the Hierarchical Multiple Regression article.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

What this team needs is an offseason shooting clinic for Lin.

Lin brings his FG% up to 45% and we're set. He is improving as the year goes on though.

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Fixed

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

If TRob can rebound, he will take DMo's minutes instantly