1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Rashard resigns with Seattle......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

.....& the rumored trade with Boston, of Baker for Anderson/Potapenko proves to be true, then Seattle is going to need a PF & we just happen to have 3 good PF's. I wonder if they would consider one of these trades?

Trade #1

Houston sends KT to Seattle.

Seattle sends Radmanovic to Houston.

Trade #2 not likely to happen.

Houston sends Taylor/future #1 pick to Seattle.

Seattle sends Barry/Radmanovic to Houston.

The Rockets are 2 deep with good young talent at 3 positions:

C: Ming/Cato (it really hurts me to include Cato)
    PF: Griffin/Taylor/KT
    PG: Francis/Moochie

We need a SG to backup Mobley.

At SF, we have Rice/Nachbar/T-Mo.

Rice has 2 years left on his contract & it's my opinion that he won't be here by the end of that contract. If he's fully recovered & comes in shooting lights out (as has been reported), then he may have some teams trying to trade for him this year. But, if not this year, then next year for sure, because his $9.6 mill contract will be expiring. He's 35 years old &, even though he's been healthy for all but 2 years, he's coming off of a major injury. Even with the medical technology today, they just can't return an injured joint back to it's original condition.

If T-Mo has worked on his shooting touch, then we may have the two young SF's that we need. However, if he hasn't worked on it, then he may never be anything more than another Shandon Anderson.

By making the first trade, we break up the log jam at PF & get a promising young SF to pair with Nachbar, hopefully like Peja & Turkoglu. That would make us 2 deep at 4 of 5 positions. We could resign Torres or pick up a FA with our mid-level exception.

Seattle gets an aggressive, hard working PF that is coming into his own for a fraction of the cost of Baker.

The second trade would be sooooooo sweet, but is highly unlikely. Would anyone else pursue this trade?

Here's the article from a couple of days ago, about the rumored Boston/Seattle trade.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/134496190_soni19.html

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

The only trade the Rockets should do at this stage is one that would return a superstar. If we are not getting a Garnett type player then I would think the Rockets would keep this team intact.

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

The Sonics aren't going to make either trade.

Radmanovic is a PF and started much of the last half of the season at that spot on the floor. He's young with a lot of upside and could potentially put up KT-like numbers next season, not to mention that he's under his rookie contract for three more years. It's rare that you find a sweet shooting PF who can also go down low and play physical on occasion, and that's what Rad can do. If they dealt for a PF, it'd be with someone else as bait....and I doubt they'd deal Barry, either.

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I don't blame them!

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

WHy would SEA want to do either of those trades? Why would HOU, for that matter???