1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Palin entered...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da_juice, Sep 13, 2011.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Would she cast Bachmann aside? Is the interest in Bachmann only because she's the closest thing to Palin? The two both seem very similar. Aside from both being female, both are staunch conservatives both socially,fiscally, and in foreign policy.

Is a Bachmann-Palin ticket possible in the future? It wouldn't surprise me to see either one on a ticket, sadly. Unless Romney wins, then he'll probably have Paul.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Just the though that those two would be the best candidates the Republican Party could come up with to run for President makes me [​IMG] and sad.

A sad barf.

#2 Joshfast, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  3. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I think her and Bachmann would go to Alaska and shoot bears together.

They would also lose in a landslide.

No conservative is comfortable with a woman in power, even if she's a conservative herself.

Conservatives are walking jokes.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes. Bachmann hasn't captured the national imagination like Palin did, for whatever reason. Maybe because being VP on a major party ticket is a bigger deal than being a primary candidate for president. But, I think Palin actually had a persona better suited to the race than Bachmann, even if Bachmann is probably (I can't believe I'm saying this...) more intelligent and professional.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

NTIRM

but...building a successful national political operation is more about the daily grind & having the discipline to engage in a long term strategy day after day- something that Palin has shown she is uniquely inept/uninclined to do, even by her low standards.

6. what

what Member

Palin is certainly a lightning rod, but I doubt seriously that the republicans are going to throw their support behind her. They want obama out bad and they need somebody that isn't as polarizing as Palin is.

It will be a sad day if Republicans gain office. I can't imagine where the economy will go if they win. This next election is VERY important.

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Bachmann is more intelligent than Palin. Bachmann, while clearly the dumbest of the bunch (well, perhaps Santorum is) in these debates, can at least talk about a few legitimate things. The attack she threw at Perry last night was proof that she can possibly hold her own, despite lacking in brainpower.

Palin, however, would get DESTROYED in these debates. She would not be able to handle it at all; imagine the Couric interview, but worse. She will never enter and this is a large contributing factor. All the attention she's gotten has filled her coffers and she has no intention of pursuing something obviously beyond her grasp. She never has.

So, the "if Palin entered" question is an invalid situation; she won't enter. Ever.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Palin as a presidential candidate is a complete fraud. She never had any intention of entering. She's just trying to stay in the news to remain relevant and bask in attention. If Palin entered the race, there would be no material effect on anything. Neither she nor Bachmann have a chance to win the nomination.

If Palin declared and Perry & Romney both suddenly died, more GOP candidates would emerge and one of them would get the nomination over the Palin/Bachmann/Paul/Gingrich/Cain/Santorum insane asylum.

TSchmal, your comments are dead on with Palin and these debates.

9. Depressio

Thanks for not including Huntsman in your insane asylum. Romney and Huntsman are really the only two that have any chance of holding a candle to Obama in debates as they're really the only two intelligent people up there. Ron Paul is intelligent enough to, but he will never get the nomination because they (the GOP base) see him as a crazy person and unelectable in a general election.

Nonetheless, glad you noticed that Huntsman isn't crazy like the others. Perry is, however.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Huntsman doesn't belong in the insane asylum, but like the inmates, he has no chance to get the nomination.

I know Rick Perry is killing in recent polls, but I still think he might fall off the wall and break into pieces before it's over.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This may be coincidental, but I believe in fact that it's because he's a crazy person who is unelectable in a general election.

Grand scheme of things - it's quaint/amusing, somewhat, that a random Obstetrician from Galveston read a bit of Hayek/rand/whatever one day and somehow decided that all of the rest of economics/evidence/life/etc didn't matter, ran for Congress, and then promptl made it his life's work.......but it's literally also completely insane when you couch it in those terms and even worse when you hear him talk.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bachmann is the one person who can call Palin lazy and stupid without being labeled as biased or sexis, she would rip Palin to shreds. Palin won't exist until the convention or the first primary, she will trade her support in exchange for a government position for Bristol.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

LOOK AT HOW BAD OBAMA HAS BEEN!!! YOU THINK OUR ECONOMY IS HEALTHY? LMAO

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What do you expect? It's gonna take Obama longer than 3 years to fix the 8 years of mess that was created by Bush.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This.

Not a chance she risks killing this "relevant outsider" or whatever thing she's currently doing at the moment. She may not be very intelligent (to say the least) but I'm sure her staff of advisers are. And under no circumstances should they be trying to tell her she could win the nomination.

16. VanityHalfBlack

17. Classic

Classic Member

18. Depressio

I'm a little torn on Ron Paul, honestly. I think some of his ideas are too right-wing (abolishing the EPA, using gold as currency, etc.), but he can't enact those without Congress. He can't (and won't) go into the presidency and make some decree that abolishes these programs. Even with a Republican Congress, it would be difficult.

However, what Paul can do legally is pull our troops out of the Middle East. That alone is a reason to vote for him because it's something Obama appears not to want to do. Paul does want to do it, and I believe he has the balls to do so.

Ideally, Ron Paul with a Democratic Congress would be OK to me, if not ideal. I think the one most important way to reduce the deficit is to cut military spending. Period. Paul will do that and can do that as Commander and Chief.

1 person likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If I entered Palin would it be a Tea Party?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Beat me to it! I was going to say that the story should be "Who entered Sarah Palin?"