1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Obama was muslim would you vote for him?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 14, 2008.

?

Would you vote for him?

1. Yes

118 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you are living in a delusional world if you keep believing every e-mail you read as a "simple fact."

half the stuff you are spouting out is just plain wrong. like "not fact" wrong.

like "completely made up out of the blue" wrong

this viewpoint, which is shared by many Americans, scares me, quite frankly.

2. Nero

Nero Member

You are right.. Conservatives demean themselves by stooping to such tactics. It's ugly.

Hopefully people get past the silly games and start focusing on issues.

But my god, McCain? THIS is what we wind up with after almost 2 years of campaigning?

Geez it's like that old joke - Do you choose Death? Or Bookii?

;)

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think Jews are more likely to consider it a burden rather than a special club. Conversion is a common thing -- its just that it isn't a missionary religion. It's against the religion to proselytize. From a jewish point of view, not being Jewish isn't a "bad" thing.

Judaism refers to a "world to come." As to what that is varies depending on who you talk to, from an afterlife, a time of peace, or simple metaphor. In any event, the only thing keeping non-Jews from enjoying the world to come are breaking the Seven laws of Noah (Noah, not being a jew):

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
    2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
    3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
    4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit adultery.
    5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
    6. Prohibition of Cruelty to Animals: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)
    7. Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

Judaism, by comparison, has 613.

D&D is probably not the place to ask this.

In the end, most fighting is about resources. Money. Oil. Water. Access to better hunting fields. In the sane vein, money talks. Religious bigotry can often take a vacation when there's money to be made.

4. TheMountainTop

Thank You! This is exactly correct.

5. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Nero, I responded to your post, I think you may have missed it.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nicely done. You have a lot of patience. I imagine it has to be hard seeing all of this stuff that is false being tossed out there to poison people's minds against Muslims.

However, from an outside observer's point of view, it is great to see these kinds of substantive responses.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't know what you are talking about. I'm sorry you've been lied to and bought into the lies, but please do some checking.

Obama did not attend a Muslim school. Obama was never registered as a Muslim.

When you try and spread these lies the main thing you end up spreading isn't anything new about Obama but spreading the fact that you have fallen for some falsehoods and didn't bother to check if they were true or not.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I know some of the American company compounds in SA can be pretty isolated, but it is sad that your friend could live there for so many years, and come away so ignorant and with such a huge misunderstanding.

9. TheMountainTop

I lived in a Saudi Arabian Compound in Abqaiq which is about an hour away from Dammam/Dharan on the east coast of Saudi Arabia.

10. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

You lived in an American compound in Saudi Arabia, just to be accurate.

11. TheMountainTop

oh yeah my bad thanks sorry.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what news you have been watching but there have been many many Muslims and Muslim leaders who have condemned terrorism. During 9/11 even the leadership of Iran called out for prayers and blood donations for the US. CAIR has helped and continues to help authorities regarding going after terrorists and their sympathizers. Really stuff like this has been cited several times even in the D & D.

Strictest though might not mean the most correct as Islam like Christianity, Buddhism or any religion is subject to many interpretations and given the factionalism there is some serious debate among Muslims among what is the right interpretations. To say that the Taliban are correct because they practice the most austere adherance to religious dictates would be like saying that Jehovah Witnesses are the most correct adherants to the Bible.

13. TheMountainTop

I dont understand why people try to lump all the muslim people as one.

This isnt Star Trek people. Muslims arent the borgs.

There are I dont know how many muslim nations and they all have their own beliefs and cultures just like Christianity.

Muslims range from Turkey to Malaysia to Africa to Europe and etc. Its not like all muslims are Arabs.

14. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Bump.

Sorry everyone, I just want Nero to acknowledge my response, whether it comes in a negative or positive fashion.

Thanks for those who DID read my post and yes, it's very frustrating. I wish more people would do a decent amount of searching. Typing skewed words in google is begging for misinformation.

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Ehsan you don’t really expect a response do you? This guy’s been posting stuff like this for quite a while; I don’t think he really cares to debate you on this topic; he appears to have thrown in his 2 cents on a religion he knows very little about....

16. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I'm still going to try.

I think he'd rather man up to his claims than be a child about it. I'venever seen him post stuff like this before (that I can recall) but it doesn't really matter - what matters is how he blatantly tried to deceive everyone in this debate just to win an internet debate.

It's just so big to me. He trashed 1billion humans for an internet debate. He flat out lied.

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'd prefer our president be atheist. But if he's gotta be religious, I'd rather he be Muslim than Christian.

18. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

What's the difference? Atheist people have anti-religious views as well.

For the United States, I think the best choice would be agnostic.

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

No, I wouldn't vote for Obama if he was a Muslim. However I would vote for Hillary if she was a Muslim(a?).

20. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

In the end, you can't seperate stae and religion unless a robot runs the country or it's run by a committee of people from all the different religions.