1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if not adelman, it will be mike brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Mike Budenholzer would be ideal, IMO. If he's out of the picture, Elston Turner, Lawrence Frank, JVG, Larry Brown, Mike Brown, and Armond Hill would all be viable options.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mike Brown is as incompetent as they come ........

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I liked Nate McMillan if Adelman was let go. Seeing how he got his extension with Portland, I am hoping we keep Rick.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If this happens, we've been done Brown by Alexander.

5. thugLove

thugLove Contributing Member

I'd be pretty pissed if the Rox dropped Adelman for Mike Brown.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lets be fair to Mike Brown, its been reported that Lebron didn't run plays that Mike Brown wanted. He didn't agree with the coach and just did his own thing. Mike, being that it's Cleveland and they let Lebron get away with murder, let him do what he wanted. Lebron was running the show in Cleveland.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

How can Les be so dense? How is Mike Brown going to do any better than Adelman 4 years down the line? Jeff Van Gundy- you didn't win a championship in a few years- I'm firing you for Rick Adelman! Rick Adelman- you didn't win a championship in a few years- I'm firing you for Mike Brown! Mike Brown....

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a Moneyball coach.:)

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The idea of going from one of the league's most potent offenses to a dull, stagnant version with personnel that don't fit would be beyond idiotic.

In other words: "Rockets introduce Head Coach, Mike Brown" are words that should never be spoken.

12. Roxdoc

Roxdoc Member

Seriously:confused:?

So the CAVs lost Mike Brown and Lebron James at the same time and you think they are that bad because they lost coach Brown? Seriously???

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I would prefer Charlie Brown over James Brown, Mike James and Mike Brown.

[​IMG]

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Can anyone point to anything credible that can even confirm this is an actual rumor, and not something substantiated by a random guy on a message board or pure conjecture from a columnist/blogger?

I worry about what would happen to our offense with Mike Brown. It was a thing of beauty over the past two months.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

If Mike Brown is hired, I will quit being a Rockets fan until the ownership changes. Surely Les is not that penny-wise and dollar-foolish... Right? If Les wants to go with something fresh, try Brad Stevens or player/coach Shane Battier.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course Lebron has an effect, but Mike Brown is even more significant. The math is easy, really.

When the Cavs lost Mike and Lebron, they went from a 61 win team to a 21 win team. So, that's the loss of 40 wins.

When Miami added Lebron and Bosh, they went from a 47 win team to a 58 win team. So that's the addition of 11 wins. Now, between Lebron and Bosh, Lebron is probably deserving of more credit, so he's probably worth 7 extra wins while Bosh is worth 4.

So, Lebron being worth 7 extra wins means that, when Cleveland lost 40 wins, Mike Brown has got to be worth the other 33 wins.

That is just huge.

17. hmittal

hmittal Member

If they were going to get rid of Adelman they should have done it this past summer when there were many good coaches on the market. We could have gotten Doug Collins or even Avery Johnson. Could Mario Elie be a potential head coach candidate for the Rockets?

18. Roxdoc

Roxdoc Member

Carl you are funny dude.. I give you this though: You can make an arguement and you can do math.. you just dont know how to apply it.. I mean seriously, even Morey's flawed stats do better than that..

We both know that your arguement is flawed but it cracked me up..

Anyway, I think we would be better defensively with Brown..

19. HeyBudLetsParty

I would perfer Mike Jones over Mike Brown...

20. rju1986

rju1986 Member

God I hope this isn't a very late april fool's joke..