1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if not adelman, it will be mike brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Very weird response :confused:.

1 person likes this.
  2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I agree with AroundTheWorld. A very odd response.

He does not sound like a coaching genius. Maybe he was playing mind games with the the league. He is acting dumb, so that Phil Jackson will understimate his coaching prowess.:confused:

3. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

Elston Turner

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not sure it's Mike Brown, but it only makes sense to let Adelman go if they already have a replacement in mind. This is similar to when JVG wasn't brought back. If you have a proven, good coach, you don't let him walk and start a search from scratch.

Les & Morey know who the new coach will be.

Mike Brown is a very good defensive coach and will fire up players on that end of the court. But he was very poor on offense and game management in Cleveland. I though he held them back.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He was high as hell..

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because they love their Back to Back Lottery team so much they refuse to see it disassembled.

Hooray For Battle fighting!!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

What's REALLY odd is that while people automatically dismiss Mike Brown, they also would give an arm and a leg for JVG.

On offense:
    JVG rode Yao Ming and T-Mac into the ground while playing a slow pace and an unimaginative offense.
    Mike Brown rode Lebron James into the ground while playing a slow pace and an unimaginative offense

On defense:
    JVG gets players to buy into his defensive system and plays hard-nosed D every game. His teams usually rank among the top in defense every year.
    Mike Brown gets players to buy into his defensive system and plays hard-nosed D every game. His teams usually rank among the top in defense every year.

They're practically mirror images of each other in terms of style.

8. djimi

djimi Member

i dont know, if its not RA, i would go for Elston Turner, players know him and he knows the offense well, i think the way we play with all the passes is what i love watching, we just need to step it up on defense and that will do the trick. Mike Brown did win COY i think but if he's hired, its like turning the whole thing up side down and get ready to expect the unknown!!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's because JVG is on TV every week sounding articulate, smart and funny. Most non-Cleveland fans' only memory of Mike Brown is that video of him laughing about the Mo Williams dunk.

I wouldn't dismiss Brown's ability so quikckly just because he rode Lebron on offense. What else was he supposed to do? Rely on Larry Hughes more? The same, frankly, goes for Van Gundy-- was he suppose to run a more equal opportunity motion offense and put the ball in the hands of Juwan Howard and David Wesley more frequently? Hell, even Adelman rode Yao and McGrady quite a bit with the the 07/08 team (i.e. basically the 06/07 team plus Scola and Landry).

Bottomline: I'm willing to be open minded about Brown though I would be disappointed in seeing Rick Adelman go. I think Brown has a good chance at being just as good a coach as Rick, but there's something to be said about stability and not making a change when there is no clear reason to do so.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

JVG is funnier.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He doesn't have a track record to judge his talent like past hires. We'd seen JVG with good and bad rosters with NY. Same with Adelman. We've only seen Brown as a head coach with Lebron James. How much of his success is his own and how much is it James'? I suppose this would be his chance to show his mettle. But, I'd rather he proved himself on someone else's dime when we already have someone that is proven.

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Interesting.... I strongly hope not.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Haven't heard any similar rumblings?

14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Mike Brown can't develop talent worth of crap.

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

If we get Mike Brown, expect us to have Varejao to be our next starting C..:grin:

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What "talent" was he given and failed to develop?

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sounds like a page out of the JVG myths..

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Mike Brown would come in as the worst coach in the history of the franchise. What a huge mistake.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is an impossible question to answer, because he didn't develop the talent, so any player that one might list would be predictably ****ty. :grin:

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I wish Prof-jay was here... he's a Cavs fan (or at least used to be)... to give his input on Brown.