1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If No Trade at Deadline . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Jan 26, 2023.

1. VoR

VoR Member

Harden would be a horrible pick up next year. No one wants the band reunited.

jim1961 likes this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

yes. But that doesn’t show he’s disgruntled or a negative impact. Sounds more like he’s being honest and accountable. Something that many here are demanding (accountability). There’s even a thread on the issue of accountability.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. VoR

VoR Member

We're just going to have to disagree. They can win a chip with KPJ, they won't win a chip with just Tyus Jones and not having more SG depth.

4. VoR

VoR Member

aight

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at kpj being the difference for a team winning a chip. that will never be the case. what a bunch of nonsense and comical assumption

Nook and cml750 like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't think "the leak" had anything really to do with Harden as much as it had to do with EG. The front office leaking that "Harden wants to play with EG" was a possible manipulation to keep him from forcing a buy out because this Summer good things are going to happen for him.

I do think Harden is on the list of potential free agents, but he's certainly not the top person they'll pursue.... and to my point I think trading for another player (hence why they'll need EG's salary) is probably their avenue for getting a better player than the free agent they sign.

Look at the Clippers (Kawhi & PG) blueprint. I think the tandem FA/Trade deal is the blueprint a GM like Stone with what Stone has to work with. That's why I think EG's expiring contract next year is of more value to Stone than whatever 2nd round picks he can get for him this trade deadline.... even though me personally... I WOULD TAKE THE PICKS, and I would have taken the pick last year for EG that he turned down because he played chicken and lost.

7. xaos

xaos Member

I think based your expectations of moving KPJ for Tyus is already setting yourself up for disappointment.

I do think we move Gordon and it needs to happen. I think people overestimate the short term and long term implications of moving Gordon, but it absolutely needs to be done. He isn't helping our young guys and his value isn't going any higher.

Why do you want to move KMJ? Because he wants (wanted?) to move? He's been a major bright spot...

All just my opinions

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We should have moved Darius Days to starter months ago

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

The rumored Bucks 4 2nd rounder for Gordon seems a fair trade to me.

I agree we need good veteran leadership to show the youngsters the right way to play the game. Unfortunately I don’t think Gordon is the guy.

Believe It! likes this.
  10. VoR

VoR Member

Oh the KPJ for Tyus is a long shot, I know. KMJ will likely be packaged with Gordon. I like him, but I'd rather develop Eason.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree. Stone is terrible. If possible (and I know it's a long shot) we could package KPJ and Gordon for a first and a second or a first and take a shot on a young player who hasn't worked out. Stone was an awful hire though no question

12. VoR

VoR Member

I like Stone as a scout, not as a GM.

13. King1

There's no chance they'd do that. KPJ is a negative asset. We'd be lucky just to dump him for a second rounder

14. VoR

VoR Member

Nah, he's good. He's just playing out of position.

15. xaos

xaos Member

So,.. serious question

If you believe KPJ could net Tyus Jones and KMJ could net something if value wouldn't that make the case for Stone doing an excellent job since we got KPJ for free and KMJ end of second round?

Not trying to be a smartass

16. The geth & the reaper

Gordon doesn’t have to be traded but his minutes should be limited. There’s absolutely no reason he needs to play 30 minutes, he’s a sunk cost, stone need to realize this and stop trying to rehabilitate him to fetch an imaginary 1st round pick at the expense or playtime of the young players.

xaos likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The GM is not even making the effort to tell us his side through Jonathan Feigen the mouth piece.... not even going the extra mile.

18. King1

I'm fine with him as a scout but it's doubtful he'd take that role now

19. King1

We will have to disagree on him being good. He's definitely playing out of position though. If he was coming off the bench as a 6th man I wouldn't have any issue. He's just so selfish he makes players around him worse.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

KMJ? It'd have to be a helluva return. He's one of our best young prospects.

BHannes2BHonest and xaos like this.