1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If no Bosh/Melo/LeBron - what do we do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 8, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This. Similar to Lowry.

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Better than last year? Why? Just because there are some recognizable names? If you thought our depth was bad last year w/ Asik and Lin...look how pitiful that bench is. Asik is a starting caliber center. Lin, even with his flaws, is better than a young/vet min PG. Oh, and let's not even overlook the starting lineup. What was everyone complaining about last year? The lack of 3P shooting. The lack of spacing. Thad Young and Deng exacerbates both issues. Neither are average 3P shooters and will clog the paint even more than last year. You're looking at a starting lineup that cannot play the 3 pt shooting, spread the floor, uptempo transition offense we plan to play. That is a typical Eastern Conference, pound the ball on the floor, play half court offense team. And we all know that Harden and Howard aren't great half court players. That team will be a disaster. C'mon you're better than that. Did you even watch any of the games last year or did you get your info from Clutchfans or even worse the box score?

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Considering I want us to move to a slower more half-court oriented offense this is good news. We will NEVER win a championship playing up tempo basketball with hideous defense. And we are desperate for defenders. Yeah our bench sucks, we can't do anything about that in any scenario. Unless good players want to take MLE and vet min to come here. Fat chance considering our track record.

I don't want to watch the Rockets play fool's gold basketball and play well in the regular season only to get dismantled in the post-season. We need defense, if that means JVG ball again then so be it. I will personally hold a gun to Harden and Howard's head and force them to play pick and roll if I have to. But another season of best offense in the league with nothing to show for it when the game inevitably slows down in the post season is going to be awful.

Dwight Howard has amazing pick and roll stats. James Harden should be a perfect pick and roll player. WHY DO THEY NOT RUN THE PICK AND ROLL?!?!?!

#123 RedRedemption, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

So, it sounds like we need a new coaching staff? And maybe a new GM, depending on the belief that he is the one instituting this offensive system?

5. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

have to keep parsons back

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

No. We either need enough star power to "out-talent" the other team, or we need an assistant coach that changes up strategy. You can have an up tempo team that still plays great defense. Look at the Spurs.
    I am now thoroughly convinced there is no point in firing McHale because he literally doesn't handle strategy. He leaves that to his assistants. He is here as a motivator and as a recruiter.

I really wish we locked up Lionel Hollins as a defensive coordinator.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Wow what the hell? This is awful.